Chapter Four: The Journals

Carmen came back with 12 other people, all wearing black clothing, and a black cloak hiding their faces. They were saying things that I couldn't make out because it was all in a hushed tone. Once Carmen noticed my presence she spoke up. "These are Warriors." She said, and made sure her eyes were connected to mine. "Warriors this is Karlyn." The Warriors made no sound they just stood high with determination they also made direct eye contact with me making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"We have to alert the sammores at once." One finally spoke up with a raspy voice. It wasn't clear to me the gender because a huge cloak was over them loosely and you couldn't really make out a shape other than a stretched out oval. Their presence filled the room with confidence, and determination lingered in the room.

"Oh Kolla you know what they would do to the poor girl they would feed her to the Thymos's which I had to save her from in the first place." Carmen sighed. "Take that ugly thing off of ya you're in my house nobody is gonna see you." She added, her voice filled with concern. Two hands came up from the sides of the cloak and raised the hood up revealing their face. Once the cloak was completely off you could see there scars that came across their face moving down to their chest area. An eyepatch was covering their left eye, and a newly formed cut and a black and blue mark forming around the eye. The other eyes was just pitch black; no other color. One of the dullest colors I've seen since I've been here.

Their hair was a silver/white color and was slick-back the hair reaching the creatures waistline. There ears came to a point kinda like the Pixie's but larger. "There you go I hate how you have to wear that thing, there is nothing wrong with your face. I know you have to because the Sammore's said to but it still bothers me, it's their fault that well most of it. They need to get their act together, and stop sending Thymos's to do all their work." Carmen said. Kolla didn't reply she just stared at me with cold eyes.

The other warriors stayed silent causing tension all around us. Finally the silence broke by Elf, "Are we having the 'Silent Pastel' here?" She questions. What's the Silent Pastel, was it some sort of meeting?

"No we are just trying to figure out what to do with the human." Kolla said in a rude voice causing Carmen to shot her a glare. I swallowed a breath, feeling uneasy.

"We are supposed to protect our humans so that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not just handing her to the Sammors I don't want her to be demolished by Thymos's. Don't you remember what happened to Jared recently, you must've heard the news." Carmen spoke in a stern tone, but her voice was still soft.

"Jared did the right thing. Harrison wouldn't even be here in the first place if it wasn't for her." A warrior from the back spoke up. I didn't chime in I just stayed silent listening to there debate.

"Whose Harrison? I thought the only human who was here was me and Josh?" I finally questioned, curiosity has gotten the best of me as always.

"No you idiotic girl, you also brought Harrison with you. Harrison is a completely different story we don't have time now." Kolla shot at me with an insult, and I put my hands up in defense. I shouldn't have said anything. I shouldn't let my curiosity take over, I just couldn't help it.

After a while they were still talking I decided that I should go to a different room, I didn't want to 'offend' Kolla any further. I entered one of the side rooms. The wallpaper where red flowers that looked like a rose mixed in with a daisy, like a hybrid flower. Up against the right and the front of the room was a attached bookcase.

I picked up one of the books that was labeled 'Warriors and The Guardians,' but it didn't have a author. It was white, and the words were indented into the cover with black ink. I opened up the first page and began to read.