The Barbie Doll and the Boxer

"Who has ever dealt with a Barbie doll? Like a serious Barbie doll? The drama once, keep reading to find out. And don't forget to vote! And comment."

"Well, goodnight then," I couldn't help but pray silently that he wouldn't ask for his jacket. I mean, can you imagine the horror of me having to walk into the house in my underwear? It would be like a scene straight out of Game of Thrones, with everyone chanting "Shame! Shame! Shame!"

I made my way up the creaky stairs, I could hear Luke's colourful language echoing.

"Leah?" his voice called out. I turned around to see him hanging out of the window, his hair tousled by the gentle breeze and the moonlight illuminating his chiselled features.

Now, let me just take a moment to repeat - Luke is hot. Like, seriously hot. I mean, the man could make a potato sack look good.

As he looked at me with those piercing eyes, I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Yes?" I replied, my voice coming out a few octaves higher than normal. I mean, who wouldn't be affected by a sight like that?

But before I could say anything else, Luke let out a dramatic sigh and shook his head. "Can you get dressed in 5 minutes? " he muttered

Did he just invite me to the beach party? My heart missed a beat as I tried to play it cool, but excitement bubbled up inside me like a shaken soda can.

"Yes, I can," I replied, trying to sound casual. "Well, I can do it in 10 minutes, but 5 minutes is also okay, and if you..."

"Leah!" he yelled, cutting me off mid-sentence. His tone was clearly annoyed.

"Okay, I'll be back in 5 minutes." he rolled his eyes and turned the radio volume up from his car.

"Oh, and Leah, please remove that bright lipstick, you look like my grandma," he said before he rolled his window up.

I thought I was rocking this bold lip colour, but apparently, I was channelling some serious grandma vibes.

"Okay, 5 minutes," I said to myself rushing into the house, up the stairs and....

What?

No, no!

I looked at the side of my suitcase.

"Who's a damn dog is this? He ruined all of my clothes.

I surveyed the damage. My once pristine wardrobe now lay in tatters, with chewed-up fabric strewn about like confetti at a party I definitely did not want to attend. And there he was, the culprit, sitting with a smug look on his face as if to say, "What? I was hungry."

You little monster! Actually, it wasn't a monster, it was a small Yorkie... anyway.

"5 minutes Leah, 5 minutes." I reminded myself.

Okay, okay. I paced back and forth trying to think of something.

Ah!

I put on an oversized t-shirt, used a belt to make it shorter, and turned it into a dress, a very short dress!

Wet wipes, where are the damn wet wipes?

I rummaged through drawers, checked under the bed, and even peeked behind the curtains, but the wet wipes were nowhere to be found.

I grabbed the white towel and I could already picture my mother's disapproving gaze as she saw me using her precious white towel to wipe off my lipstick. Oh, the horror! But desperate times called for desperate measures.

With a sigh of defeat, I grabbed my trusty Tekkies and made a run for it.

As I plopped down into Luke's car, out of breath from my mad dash, he lashed out with a smug look on his face. "That was 6 minutes," he declared, like some kind of time-keeping champion.

You!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara