Chapter 15

The next morning I was still on edge, something within me just wasn't sitting right. I sat with my Rose Quartz and Amethyst meditating for a while in an attempt to calm myself. Feeling a little better, I headed out into the living area. Willow and Flic were sitting at the kitchen counter each with a cup in front of them, although I was guessing the contents were very different.

"You haven't gone to bed yet?" I asked Flic who was still looking her perfect self.

"I thought I'd join you and Willow for dinner this morning," She responded smiling.

"Dinner?" Then it clicked. "Oh right, it's dinner for you," I laughed. It still seemed strange to me.

I grabbed my grisgris bag before we headed down to the restaurant. I wasn't sure what I'd need for my private class so I'd packed it as normal. As we got to the restaurant door Willow stopped abruptly; I almost walked straight into her. That's when I realised I'd been sandwiched between them with Flic taking up the rear. I looked at them both; they were looking around the room as if looking for danger. They're my bodyguards. My heart warmed. "Aww you guys," I gushed.

Flic looked at me. "What?"

"You're protecting me," I smiled.

"Well yeah, of course we are," She shrugged as if it were no big deal.

It was a big deal to me. I had known these girls less than a week, and whilst I missed Wynne, Raven, Dee, and Jamie, they had become as close to me as friends could ever be.

My eyes scanned the restaurant. There weren't many Vamps in here this morning, my guess was that most of them had headed to bed already. There weren't classes today so the restaurant wasn't as full as it normally was and I was glad I didn't see anyone I thought I needed to worry about. We headed to the various areas of the restaurant to fill our plates with breakfast goodies and stopped by the tea station for a morning cuppa.

Sitting at a table in the corner we were able to see a lot of the other students sitting down and it wasn't a bad spot to people watch. The inhabitants were mainly the usual Witches and Elementals that I was used to eating with and I found myself worrying less. I had put my Rose Quartz and Amethyst in my Grisgris bag and they seemed to be doing their job. I kept fingering the Citrine stone on my woven Chakra bracelet, apparently drawn to it. Maybe I needed positivity and confidence more than I realised.

After breakfast, my bodyguards walked me to a section of The Foundation I hadn't been to before. It was where the Elementals had most of their classes. We entered a room and there standing in front of a large viewing window was a familiar face: Sage. Behind her I could see what looked like a firing range of sorts.

"Ladies, thank you for escorting Rose here. Felicity, I believe your Father is with your Uncle in his office and they would like to have a word with you," said Sage.

"Best see what they want then," She smiled.

"I'll walk with you," added Willow, waving her goodbyes, and they both left.

"How did you enjoy last night?" Asked Sage, smiling.

"It was wonderful," I beamed. "The feeling of togetherness was beyond anything I've ever felt before."

"Everyone shares a piece of themselves with the Goddess. As The Maiden you are one of the conduits for that energy. Did you feel it?" Asked Sage. She seemed curious and I suspected she'd never been able to ask that question before.

"I think so," I replied, remembering. "I could feel everyone, as well as the forest and its inhabitants. It was as if we were all one."

Sage smiled so brightly and I was sure she almost jumped up and down like Willow. "Oh I'm so glad. I had hoped that would be the case, but I know you are new to the Craft and wasn't sure how much of the ritual you would be able to take. Next time, I am hoping you will be able to guide our intentions to the Moon."