[Pro. 1] - "Well, what're you waiting for?"

~ | ☀️ | ~

"Well what're you waiting for?"

Your mom practically ushered you to the entrance of the daycare, not bothered by your reluctant stance and your pouty, puppy-eyed expression.

Truth to be told, you wanted to be here. You wanted to grasp that opportunity of meeting your heroes; the joyous, mood-lifting, the one-and-only... Smiling Critters!

Still, you were rooted. You felt shy. Who wouldn't be? You thought. This was the Smiling Critters we were talking about. Any child who'd seen something as little a mere photo of them would yearn to be in their company - perhaps even hope to join their group?

God, was it hard to think about - and it was even harder to think when you were going to see them with your own two eyes in just a matter of moments!

You stumbled upon the doors of the daycare, steps light whilst your eyes took in the splendor that was all the fun-filled and kid-themed decor surrounding the entirety of the establishment's sub-unit.

And there they were; the Smiling Critters, in all their glory. Or, the cutouts and posters of them at least...

As for the mascots themselves, they seemed to be out of sight. Were they tired? Hiding? Perhaps they were playing a good ol' game of hide-and-seek with the other children as a pastime!

"Yeah, I'm here to drop them off," While your mom and a daycare attendee conversed, distinct sounds of laughter were heard from the distance.

You eyed the fellow children playing by the slide of the daycare space, and surprise-surprise... they were playing with your idols themselves!

... Their names? Stupid question! The ones there entertaining the small group are Bubba Bubbaphant and Bobby BearHug!

The trio playing by the slide along with the few other children are CraftyCorn, PickyPiggy and Hoppy Hopscotch (a personal favourite, in my opinion!).

The one hosting a solo show by the side was KickinChicken!

Seeing them up-close was surreal. They were so much more adorable and fluffier here than compared to those short ads you had seen in your TV ads!

"Alright, thank you!" In your own childish imagination, you hadn't realised your mom had already cut the conversation short a while ago.

Your mom led you to the doors of the daycare itself - the gate to every child's fun! You were thrilled! Filled to the brim with excitement! But a little bit of anxiousness came with the bunch.

You couldn't wait! But, consecutively, you felt like you could delay the 'funtimes' for another day...

There was no time like the present! All you have to do is... step forward and into the daycare space itself.

Mom had her eyes trained on the mascots, observing how the youth seemed to enjoy their company - and she probably hoped you would too!

"Okay," She crouched down to your height, hands lightly caressing yours as she attempted to regard your discomforts.

"Mommy will be back soon, alright! In the meantime, you'll get to play with them!" Her voice feigned enthusiasm, you could tell - but you could also tell that she did so to be rid of your potential doubts.

You gazed up at her, before nodding in... agreement? You were unsure of how you felt. You were playing and crossing both lines - one side which was of the purest, utter fear, whilst the other was complete, unhinged delight!

As you let go of her hand, you exhaled, still in nervousness.

You shimmied between the gap between the two gate doors, managing to squeeze through the 'thicket,' that was the painted and embellished green entrance.

Immediately, your eyes fell on the activity around the daycare itself.

Kids and children around your age were running around, playing tag, with huge smiles matching the critters'. Few were having adorable one-on-one's with the critters themselves even!

Still, you hadn't realised where one of the troops' members went... Where was the leader of the Smiling Critters hiding?

Wouldn't he be the centre of attention? I mean- he is the leader, righ-?

"New friend? Hello!"

~ | ☀️ | ~

A/N: First Chapter :) Opinions?