Alone on Cloud 9 (12)

So for those of you who didn’t get it or were overanalyzing it, I wasn’t trying to trick you, Wes is really Shy guy, mostly you were supposed to get that Arya’s known about it for a long time.

Sorry if this is a slow chapter, it's really more of a filler. 

The banner on the side was made by cahlypso!

P.S. The three little quotes used in this chapter are from Sarah Dessen’s the Truth about Forever. 

Comment and Vote?

Cheers,

xo.

**************************************************

"It starts so young, and I'm angry about that. The garbage we're taught. About love, about what's 'romantic.' Look at so many of the so-called romantic figures in books and movies. Do we ever stop and think how many of them would cause serious and drastic unhappiness after The End? Why are sick and dangerous personality types so often shown a passionate and tragic and something to be longed for when those are the very ones you should run for your life from? Think about it. Heathcliff. Romeo. Don Juan. Jay Gatsby. Rochester. Mr. Darcy. From the rigid control freak in The Sound of Music to all the bad boys some woman goes running to the airport to catch in the last minute of every romantic comedy. She should let him leave. Your time is so valuable, and look at these guys—depressive and moody and violent and immature and self-centered. And what about the big daddy of them all, Prince Charming? What was his secret life? We don't know anything about him, other then he looks good and comes to the rescue." 

-The Secret Life of Prince Charming

Chapter 12            Grade 12

May 4

I slipped out of the house early and let the cool early morning breeze wash over my face. The first buds were starting to appear on the sparsely leafed branches, and the few that had opened lent soft bursts of perfume to the air that were there one moment and gone the next. 

Here I was, on a Friday morning with no school, Michael free, and somehow up before the sun had even cleared the horizon. Any rational person would still be under their covers fast asleep. 

It's not like I could have slept though, not with last night’s argument still ringing in my head. I headed down the driveway past my car and let my feet pound over the cement in slow easy strides.

It was a good time to go for a walk, but if the deserted sidewalks were any indication, I was the only one to have that sentiment. I pulled my cell phone out to look at the time and let out a sigh.

Well no wonder. It was just past five. 

It was quiet out, so quiet that all I was left with were my thoughts, and I'd had enough of those as I’d tossed and turned all night.

It felt like the ground had suddenly given way beneath me, or like when you're on a rollercoaster and the car pauses at the highest point before suddenly dropping down, leaving your breath at the top. 

I was in free fall. 

Weightless.