beginning pt.1

I always knew from the very beginning that he was watching me.

I could sense his presence most during the dark hours of the night, when I was supposed to be sleeping. As a child, I would rebel against my parents wishes and I would stay up past my bedtime, often enough finding myself leaving the safety of my bed and wandering out onto the balcony of my family home.

I wasn't looking for any trouble - simply gazing up at the stars, tracing constellations with my index finger to connect the dots. But as time passed, my eyes began to wander from the dark void that is space and instead focused on my only companion in the night.

There always seemed to be a large creature, just sitting at the treeline where the depths of the forest began. Despite my now irrational fear of monsters under the bed and inside my closet, I never was afraid of this creature.

Maybe that's why one night, curiosity got the best of me...

I wanted to know what this creature was that would come and join me in the night. I remember this curiosity itching in my brain, making my skin crawl. I couldn't keep myself from investigating; so I managed to climb down from my second story window and onto the soft grass that sat in my garden.

I walked across the dew covered grass, until I could see just what the creature was.

It was a wolf.

The wolf sat tall - taller than your average wolf - as I reached the curve of it's chest in height. His black fur allowed him to camouflage into the darkness as it sat still and rigid. But I think what I remember most about this wolf was it's eyes - a bright red that seemed to glow in the night, the kind of eyes that would send any child screaming for their mother, the source of their nightmares. Those very eyes that I should have been afraid of from the very beginning ignited an overwhelming sense of peace and security.

That's how I knew... and that's how my life changed.

______

a/n. first story on this account :) I hope you enjoy it and please help this story grow:

vote | comment | follow | share

I love you so much and thank you so so so much for reading my story :)