Ch. 1

The sleek, modern office of Avilla's company gleamed softly under the glow of dimmed lights, casting shadows across the polished floors. Avilla sat behind her desk, her gaze fixed on the figure standing before her, Luna. whose nervous energy filled the room. Luna shifted uncomfortably under her gaze, Yet, despite the tension there was an undeniable magnetism between luna too a bond. Avilla spoke, her voice smooth and commanding, cutting through the silence like a blade through the night.

"Mate."

"excuse me? i think i heard you wrong ma'am, would you mind repeating what you've said?" Luna asked, confused at what ahe have heard.

Avilla's lips curved into a knowing smile that was part apology, part seduction. The intensity in Avilla’s eyes grew more pronounced as she leaned back in her chair, her posture exuding confidence.

"I believe my ears haven't deceived me, nor yours, my dear,"
she continued with a hint of amusement.

"You heard correctly the first time. We're connected by more than just this room and job interviews alone. You're my omega, my mate."

Her words hung heavily in the air, challenging the very foundation of Luna carefully constructed reality.

"i think you're mistaken ma'am." Luna said.

Avilla tilted her head slightly, studying luna intently. In response to Luna's denial, her charm turned into sober conviction.

"Mistaken?"

She repeated, her voice steadier than ever.

"Not at all, my omega. Our scents have told me everything I need to know about our connection, a truth hidden beneath your scent inhibitors but still present."

*She reached out, her hand brushing against the fabric of Luna's blouse. The gesture held a mix of dominance, protectiveness, and unspoken promise.

"This is not something we can ignore, my sweet."

With those words, she pulled away from luna, leaving the choice glaringly clear before luna, torn between the life luna built for herself, concealing her true nature, and the path of acceptance that could unlock a world she never knew existed. Both futures stretched out, waiting.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you're mistaken, i am a beta." Luna insists.

Avilla watched as hurt flickered briefly in your eyes before being smothered by determination. Her lips pressed together, forming a thin line, as she studied Luna further. There was a weighty pause, giving Luna the space to come to terms with the reality or deflect it completely. Finally, she let out a breath, her tone softening slightly

"Well, whether you choose to accept this revelation now or later, I cannot force you. But be warned, ignoring what we share will only create friction between us. It might even harm you in ways you least expect."

As if pondering her own words, Avilla stood up, moving around her desk. Her suit rustled as she approached, towering over Luna. Her stark gray outfit appeared almost menacing in contrast to the innocence of Luna's attire.

"For now,"

she continued, resting a cool hand on Luna's forearm, sending shivers coursing through her,

"let's finish this interview. Regardless of the path we ultimately choose to walk, we must see this through."

Her touch lingered a moment longer before she withdrew it, leaving Luna reeling under its effect. In the wake of her stark honesty, the room seemed much smaller, the ceiling lower, closing in around luna as she  faced the unknown, tangled in the web of fate's design.