3: Wake, Work, Walk

I wake up to a fresh purple bruise staining my cheekbone. After a hurried, failed attempt to hide it with concealer, I sneak downstairs. Mark's reassuring snore echo from the living room as I sneak to the kitchen.

I grab myself some water and a sandwich and get ready. I only have two styles of clothing: baggy and super Skimpy. I'm only allowed to wear the skimpy clothes when Mark's around, or else.
The baggy ones I use when he's at a friend's or a party.

I settle with a grey hoodie and some jeans and open the door silently. Mark stirs and I hold my breath. After about 10 seconds there's no sound.
I close the door and breath a sigh of relief.

I decide to walk to work today, to make the home trip slower.

At work its the same thing: bustling customers, bored faces and disdainful looks.
The hours crawl by and the piles of boxes climb higher. At the end of my shift I hand back my uniform and depart. I walk home through the park, staring at the trees and the duck pond.

When the familiar beige house crawls around the corner I sigh. There are a bunch of cars in the drive and the pavement.

Mentally preparing myself I open the front door to a blast of loud pop music. There are coloured lights flashing and people everywhere.
The air is filled with the scent of sweat and alcohol.
Lovely.

I see a few familiar faces and some I've never seen before. All of them are drunk.

A/N

To clear some stuff up: Mike is an alcoholic, abusive boyfriend.
Ginny isn't free to make her own decisions.
She doesn't make a lot of cash so she doesn't eat much or do things.
Mike wastes their money on alcohol and parties.

Let me know your thoughts! (drop me a priv message for your ideas for the story!!)
-EC