CHAPTER 2

"WELCOME, all students and teachers! I am Professor Li, your headmistress, and today will be full with fun- like every other day here- but today, we will present you your staffs and dorms, along with your books and uniforms. You get to explore all of Terrarium Academy after that. At 9:00, it will be lights out. If there are any questions, do ask me... later. Right now, your Year Heads will choose which Petal you are in. Good day!" And she poofed into thin air. Silence. No clapping.None at all."Well," a tall boy with curly blonde hair coughed, "I am Reklaw Llebocs, and I'm the Year Head for the Spikethorn Petal. Once I call your name, please step up here-" he pointed to a high pedestal, "and try to concentrate on one place- any place- and try making something appear or grow."

"Katie Romaine!"
               A few seconds later, a large tulip shot out from the ground. Shiny, glowing roses hovered aboved her head.
"Oh! A Roselin! Over here, young one!" A pixie-like girl waved her hand.

"Carline Mest!"
Sinophix had stopped paying attention after the second name that was called, and zoned out for what seemed like seconds, until a voice snapped her out of her trance.

"Sinophix Malstrone!"
She blinked- it was her turn already?
Sinophix walked to the pedestal and tried to make something come out.
Seconds passed. Then minutes.
Nothing!?
She stared at the tiny crack on the middle of the wooden ground.
"Er, try again?" Reklaw prompted.
Sinophix tried again.
Something was growing.
Something was coming.
And....
A tiny seedling with dotted leaves popped out from the crack.
She wanted to die from embarrassment.
"We-well, you can join the Fernleaf Petal!" A chubby boy offered.
Honestly, Sinophix would take any Petal at this point-she just didn't want to be in the spotlight anymore(even though she wanted to,for years!).