CHAPTER 4

MY last name?! Sinophix thought, But how?..And how did I know that?..
"AHEM! Miss Malestrone..?" The old man's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.
"Oh-oh, yes, thank you, sir!" Sinophix bowed her head and hurried back to her spot with Maryrose.
"Hey, Maryrose?" She turned to her.
She blinked,"Yeah?"
"Have you heard of something called..
a malestrone?"
"Shhhhh!" Maryrose shushed her,"Not so loud!"
Sinophix blinked in surprise.
"How, in all the stars, did you know that?"
She didn't know how to respond.
"I just.. thought of it."
Sinophix wasn't sure why Maryrose was so panicked- did she say something wrong?
"You must never, ever, ever speak of them!" She hissed, "You got that?"
She waited until Sinophix nodded before speaking.
"Malestrones are dangerous things. They can kill you, if handled wrongly.
The last Light, the one that saved the world, went looking for the Lightorb- the most powerful one. Thats how he went missing.
But there is another- the most dangerous one- the Soultaker."
Sinophix shuddered. She never wanted to hear of another malestrone again.
"That's all I know, and all I can tell you." Maryrose sighed, "Now promise me you won't go looking for them? Or speak of this again?"
Sinophix dipped her head. " I promise."
She heaved a sigh of relief, "Great!"
But the uneasy feeling still stayed, deep inside her.