That was intense dude

The room was a mess

The room was a mess. Clothes strewn everywhere, open suitcases billowing with items. Melody had no idea where to begin. She was leaving for Christmas break in a matter of hours and she still had no idea how she was going to fit everything back in to her suitcase. Camila was no better, her suitcase still sat at the top of the wardrobe collecting dust. 

Clothes first right? That seems logical. Melody loaded her school robes and other clothes in to the case. She examined her corner of the room and decided on putting her books in next. "Oh good you're finally getting on with that." Isabelle was the most organised one out of all of them. Without her, she was quite confident that they would never see the floor again.

"Yeah, I've procrastinated this long enough." Isabelle smiled and sat down on her bed, handing her books and other various items to be packed away. 

৹৹ ◊◈⁕⁘⁕◈◊৹৹

The three girls hopped onto one of the self-driven carriages. Another one of Hogwarts's many quirks, which she now knows to just go with it.  Lily and her friends fill the remaining seats in the carriage. 

The girls find a carriage and quickly claim it before any of the other students could. "Are you guys excited to go back home?" Melody questioned the two girls, who nodded vigorously in response. "Same, I can't wait to tell my sister everything. Sending letter is fine but I really want to see her in person again" 

"I hate that we can't even do magic outside of Hogwarts!" Camila whined. They both agreed, sharing the same frustration. The girls chatted throughout the ride, making plans for the holiday that were probably never going to happen.

As the sky starts to darken, the three girls end up sitting in a comfortable silence. Melody was watching the people on the other side of the train through the compartment door window, when she saw Regulus slowly walking through the train. He seemed to be looking for someone as he swiftly searched each compartment with his eyes.

He turned to their section. His gaze locked on to hers, eyes riddled with layers and layers of secrets waiting to be told. They were cold and reserved, conveying no emotion like a ghost. She felt as if she could drown in them.   

"Earth to Melody... HEY!" Camila clapped her hands in front of her friend's face. "What's got you so distracted" she said with a humorous sparkle in her eyes. Melody fumbled at a response, when Isabelle spoke up from beside her. "Not what, who" she smirked at the dark haired boy walking down the train. Camila craned her neck to see the 'who' Isabelle was referring to "Regulus Black! I'll be so honest he scares me."

"Scares you?"

"He doesn't smile! And I'm quite sure he has no soul..." Camila grimaced as she remembered her few encounters with the stoic boy.  This makes the three girls burst out in laughter, thoroughly amused by their friends intense fear of the mysterious boy. 

৹৹ ◊◈⁕⁘⁕◈◊৹৹

Melody rushed through the crowded platform to meet her parents. She missed them dearly. "You have to tell me everything." her sister said as she wrapped her arms around the younger girl.  Mr and Mrs Rowe hugged their daughter just as tightly "We missed you so much." Melody breathed in the floral scent of her mum's perfume from her scarf "Me too" she replied, muffled by the clothes. 

The car ride was spent with Melody's family bombarding her with their many questions about the magic school. Naturally, her sister teased her about the boys at school which made her recoil with disgust "I used to think boys were gross too but you'll grow out of it. " Celina sighed, looking out the car window. Melody was quite positive she wouldn't grow out of it.

They shortly arrived at their house. Melody dragged her suitcase upstairs, whilst her dad brought the other things up to her room. She was surprised to see that everything was exactly as it was. Her parents probably cleaned her room when she was away as there wasn't much dust around. She began to unpack her belongings before her mum came to nag her about it. 

Celina waltzed into her younger sister's room and dropped onto the bed. She picked up one of the books from the trunk and began flipping through it "Niffler... pixie... Are these things real?" Melody turned to see what book she was reading "No some guy just drew these up and everyone decided we should learn about them." She looked at her sister with a deadpan face. The older girl rolled her eyes at Melody's sarcasm "You came back an hour ago and you're already being mean to me" she folded her arms and fake sulked. Melody smiled and continued to hang her clothes "Oh but you love me."