Bombs are fun

A/N: Thank you so so so much for 144 reads

A/N: Thank you so so so much for 144 reads. I am quite literally over the moon. I swear this only had 50 reads and then I check it again and I see 144!! I am beyond grateful also please feel free to comment... If you want, no pressure.  

The three Hufflepuffs lazed on the grassy plains in the afternoon sun. The weather was warm but a slight breeze ran through the air. "So? What happened. Tell us everything". Melody sighed and laid down on the grass, closing her eyes allowing the sun the warm her face "Nothing really. I mean he just helped me with the spell." Camilla and Isabelle gave each other a look. They both witnessed the interaction and knew that it was a whole lot more than nothing. Unfortunately, their oblivious friend was not ready to realise that yet. But they decided to let it go. For now.

Camilla spotted Haley down by the lake and waved her over. "Hey guys, what's up with Melody?" She looked over at the sprawled out girl. "I'm photosynthesising." Melody mumbled, her eyes still closed, soaking in the sun. Haley gave her a weird look and sat down in front of Camilla and Isabelle. "She's photo what?" Melody sat up and joined their circle "It was a science joke" she smiled at the Gryffindor, who nodded her head in understanding. "Are you guys excited for the quidditch match tomorrow?" Haley could almost burst with excitement. She was very keen on becoming a chaser for the Gryffindor quidditch team. "I just don't understand why we can only sign up in second year. It's the one thing making me wish this year could end sooner." The girls laughed at her annoyed expression. "I might apply." Melody inputted. "I mean I don't even know how to play quidditch but I think I'm pretty good at flying."
"Pretty good! You're bloody brilliant Mel!"
"Yeah you're crazy fast!" Melody blushed at the compliments staring down at her hands in her lap, her brown hair serving as a curtain for her face. 

The bell sounded through the grounds, alerting students to head to their classes. "We should get to potions" Melody stood and dusted the grass off her skirt. The other girls followed in suit waving goodbye to each other as they went to their respective classes. 

"I swear to godric if that Walter prick tries to hit on us again I may just trip and spill his potion on the floor."  Camilla and Melody smiled as they remembered the other day when Henry Walter asked Isabelle on a date after seeing her for two seconds. He had enough arrogance, he could compete with James Potter and Sirius Black. Speaking of the devils, Melody spotted the four rowdy boys strutting their way through the corridors. Melody turned to her two friends with an evil glint in her eyes "Maybe we should mess with his potion... Hey Remus!" The scarred-faced boy turned to the sound of his name being called and saw the Hufflepuff jogging up to them. "Hey Melody what's up?" 
"I know you guys like to pull pranks a lot so I was wondering if you had anything that could... explode?" 

The black haired boy, Sirius, stepped forward "Now what would a charming little Hufflepuff like yourself be doing with explosives?" he raised an eyebrow at the first year in front of him.  Melody huffed at the cocky boy "Some guy in our class is acting up a bit so we just want to teach him a lesson" she smiled innocently with her hands clasped in front of her, swinging her body from side to side. Sirius nodded giving her a look of approval "I like you Rowe" and reached into his pocket retrieving a small brown square . "Make sure you run when you use this it works fast" he tossed the square to Melody. She caught it in her hands "Thanks, you know my name?"
"My brother has mentioned you a number of times before." Melody nodded and returned back to her friends.  

৹৹ ◊◈⁕⁘⁕◈◊৹৹

Isabelle looked like she was ready to jump out the window at any moment. Walter had been talking her ears off, boasting about his dad meeting the Minister for Magic. She locked eyes with Melody who slid the square across the table. Isabelle chucked the square in his cauldron and ran to the other side of the table. Camilla and Melody both took cover under the table being joined by Isabelle seconds later. They burst out laughing as they heard a loud bang fill the room and a series of gasps follow soon after.

The three emerged from underneath the table, faces bright red red with laughter. Luckily their school supplies had been spared as they were under the table with them. The same, however,  could not be said for their own potions or Walter. He was covered in the thick green sludge that was his potion. Slughorn rushed over and cleaned up the area with a swift wave of his wand. "Oh dear, oh dear whatever happened?" Before Walter could answer, Camilla rushed in "He must've brewed his potion wrong Professor," Walter was still in too much shock to even register what was happening. "Ah well, no matter you can just start again. Back to your work" he called out to the rest of the class.

The girls snickered amongst each other, they couldn't believe they just got away with this. Slughorn was too easily persuaded for his own good.