A Tingly Sensation

A/n: THANK YOU FOR 70 READS!! I LITERALLY SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THIS THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME I really didn't think anyone would even read this but I love each and every one of you for doing so❤️❤️ Happy Reading

The Christmas holidays passed by like a flash and before she knew Melody was back on the train to Hogwarts. It was shocking to think that the first half of the year was already over.  To Melody it had only felt like a few weeks. Time was weird.

She spotted her two friends in a carriage but they were also accompanied by a brunette girl. She recognised her face from the beginning of the year but never really spoke to her after that. "Hello!" Melody greeted and hugged her two friends. She turned to the brunette "It's Haley right?" She nodded and smiled holding out her hand "Yeah, you're Melody. I remember from the boats." Melody shook her hand gleefully and sat across from her.  "So how was your Christmas?" Melody asked the three girls. Isabelle's eyes lit up as she recounted her break "My parents threw a huge party and so many people were invited. It was bit crowded but it was fine and I was wearing this gorge-" 
"Hey Mila how much money did Mum give you for the train?" The four girls turned to look at the sudden intruder. It was a boy in blue robes, with light brown eyes and blonde hair. Kind of like Camila... Coincidence? Oh wait that's her brother duh.  "I dunno, 5 galleons or so."

The boy's eyes widened "5 GALLEONS! She only gave me two that's so not fair." Camilla flashed him a cocky grin "Yeah well I am the favourite child" 

"I'm the favourite child" the boy mimicked his sister as he walked away to his carriage. The three girls laughed at the boy's antics whilst Camilla huffed in annoyance. They went to change into their own school robes before shortly arriving at Hogwarts. 

৹৹ ◊◈⁕⁘⁕◈◊৹৹

The three badgers bid Haley goodbye as they parted ways to sit at their house tables for the Grand Feast. Melody was starved, to say the least, and very ready to devour the food in front of her. As she began to load food onto her plate, the doors to the Great Hall slammed open and four boys whizzed in on brooms. Fireworks exploded around them causing most people to shriek in either shock or delight. She recognised the group from the time she sat with Lily at breakfast. And the fact that they had made quite a name for themselves despite only being in their second year. Melody wasn't a stranger to their frequent pranks, luckily she'd only been a bystander for most of them. 

Professor Dumbledore arose from his seat and took place at the large golden podium "Yes, yes a grand entrance indeed." cough favouritism cough The old man chuckled and hushed the buzzing crowd "Welcome back everyone. I hope you all had a restful break, tuck in." He returned to his seat and the students resumed eating and catching up with their fellow housemates. 

Towards the end of the feast, Melody found her eyes drifting over to a certain serpent table. She hadn't given the boy much thought over Christmas but now that she was back at Hogwarts, he seemed to linger in the back of her mind. She spotted him engaging in light conversation with another boy, in their year,  beside him. He still sat with an unnaturally straight back, almost like a pole had been placed there. His face was passive, void of emotion. He had such a tight guard... but why? 

Isabelle tapped her arm from beside her "Hey we're gonna go back to the common room now. You coming?" Melody stood from her seat and followed them on the long winding route to their cosy abode. She was very excited to sleep, all the food had made her incredibly tired.  

Some 3rd years in front of them tapped a rhythm on the barrels, which Melody made a mental note to remember. The wooden door swung open and they all stepped into the dimly lit room. The sweet smell of freshly baked pastries brought her back to the day she first came here, the three girls made their way up the stairs to their dorm whilst the older students decided to lounge on the sofas by the fireplace.

She flopped face first onto her bed, Camilla and Isabelle giggling behind her as they went to their own beds. They each took turns going to change in the bathroom. Soon after 11pm, soft snores filled the room. Each of them weary from the long day of travelling. 

৹৹ ◊◈⁕⁘⁕◈◊৹৹

"WAKE UP!" Melody felt herself being hit repeatedly by a pillow. She ignored the aggressive wake up and pulled the sheets over her head "but sleep is so nice" she whined from under the quilts.  "MELODY MIDDLE NAME ROWE! IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ARSE OUT OF BED IN THE NEXT 5 SECONDS I WILL NOT HESITATE TO PUSH YOU OFF THIS BED!" Melody made no effort to move so true to her word, Camilla rolled the sleeping girl onto the floor. 

She fell with a thud and quickly stood up "I didn't think you'd actually do it!" 
"Well I did so get your butt in that bathroom otherwise you're going to make us all late" Melody stumbled into the bathroom to change and brush her teeth. Melody ran downstairs grabbing her wand from her nightstand on her way out to meet her friends, who were waiting by the entrance to the common room. She linked both their arms with hers and dragged them all to the Great Hall for breakfast. 

Their first lesson of the day was Charms. It wasn't Melody's favourite lesson but still enjoyable nonetheless and it definitely had nothing to do with the certain Slytherin she sat next to. She lied. Melody hated charms. It was 30 minutes into the lesson and for some reason she just couldn't unlock the padlock in front of her.  She had no idea what she was doing wrong and Professor Flitwick was of no help and her so called partner was just staring at her mess up again and again. Was he smirking at her struggles? Now that's just plain cruel. 

"It's your wand movement." Her head turned around so fast it could have given her whiplash. "I'm sorry?" Was he speaking to me? Unprompted? I swear to god if this is a dream I am going to write a strongly worded letter. "You need to slow down the movement. Time it with the word." Melody was so shocked that she ended up just staring at him like an idiot. Regulus rolled his eyes and picked up her discarded wand from the table, placed it in her hand and enveloped her hand with his. The sudden contact brought her back to reality. He guided her wand movement as she said the spell "Alohomora." The padlocked flicked open, Melody grinned brightly at her success. She turned to the dark haired boy "Thanks for the advice." She glanced down at their still joined hands. Regulus quickly pulled away and cleared his throat looking straight ahead "Anytime".  She smirked at the light rose tint dusting his cheek but she couldn't ignore the tingly sensation flooding her body.

Melody felt a ball of parchment hit the back of her head. She turned around to see Camilla and Isabelle staring at her with the widest eyes. Isabelle mouthed 'we need to talk' to her, which Melody definitely needed. She couldn't even process what had just happened