Chapter 9: Deal

Esther's (P.O.V)
It's morning already? Tch...I really wanted to sleep in but it's pointless really. I just can't except the fact that this is the guy that Lilith wants dead alongside his brother, who I'm unaware of his identity. Well I'm just gonna have to keep a eye on Rin for the time being, and not only that, how am I gonna explain this to Ruth...no she won't know.

Today will be the day to see if he's really what Lilith claims to be.

~On the roof~

Rin's (P.O.V)
She's late, I've been waiting here since 7, I grab my phone to check the time and it's...8:10!? Crap I'm gonna be late! I race towards the door to the stairwell, I was just about to grab the handle when suddenly a flash of light strikes the door powerful enough to send me flying off the roof into the forest.

Ruth's (P.O.V)
Whoa! What was that?! Huh...(looks around the room) oh it's just my imagination, well back to sleep.

Esther's (P.O.V)
Well that caught him off guard but still...oh crap! I just remembered, he uses his sword to unleash his powers, but he didn't have his sword with him. Stupid! Hopefully his still alive. As I landed on the roof, I was making my way towards the door when suddenly..."WHAT THE HELL!" Rin? I turned to look in the direction he was sent flying in, "OK CROWFREAK! COME AT ME! I DARE YA!", he's definitely referring to Beth and secondly does he realise that he doesn't have his sword with him?

Rin's (P.O.V)
Oh crap what I'm I doing!? I didn't take my sword with me! Idiot!

Esther's (P.O.V)
Well first test was a complete failure, tch! I'm just gonna have to try again when he returns.

~2 hours later~

This is so boring but as I recall, I did send him flying into a forest. Oh who am I kidding, I'm just gonna have to try again later on. As I got up, I started to head  towards the door of the roof but then suddenly it flys open. To my surprise it was Rin but this time he had his sword with him.

"What happened to you?" I asked him, but he didn't respond. He looked at me with cold eyes.

"So you must be Esther..." A voice from behind?! When I turned to look behind, it was a dog? Then it said something in a weird language like counting in numbers than it was reviled to be Mephisto?! Lilith's kid!

"Mephisto..."

"Oh, you know my name?" he said with a smile.

"Yeah, Lilith likes to brag about her sons...a lot."

"That's sweet of her..."

"But she is upset about the fact, that you took your half brothers under your wring rather than terminating them."

"I see that she's upset about that along with the defeat of our father, but the boys show no harm towards her, so you girls have no reason to be here so you can tell her that."

"This is your mother were talking about here she shows no mercy to those's that don't complete their mission one way or the other were dead, and she can easily tell if we're lying. Despite being her newest and given such power she'll easily kill us."

Rin's (P.O.V)
Is she seriously that strong? And I thought theses guys were strong?

Esther's (P.O.V)
"Ok how about we make a deal."

"A deal?" I asked.

"Yes...if you win, you can take him and his brother's bodies back to Gehenna to show Lilith...but if Rin win, Ruth will have to join the cram school along with yourself and Beth will have to go back to Gehenna to deliver the news about all that's happened to my mother."

"Why can't Beth join as well?"

"Because of her destructive behaviour, alongside being exposed to students that aren't exwire or an exorcist and-"

"Fine!" I said firmly.

"Oh goody, shake hands with Rin to seal the deal."

I turned to look at right who was still giving me a cold expression, held out his hand. I did the same and shock hands.

"Oh, one more thing...I know everything about you guys, thanks to Beth along side with meeting up with him in front of the build to explain everything that happened yesterday along with what you guys are."

I just stood there and froze to what was just said. Then with the click of his fingers he disappeared, as I turned to face Rin who still hadn't let go of my hand.

Rin's (P.O.V)
"Just to let you know, I have no attention in killing you." I told her.

"We'll see how it plays out." she reassured.

We both let go of our hands, I headed towards the door while she remained on the roof.