CHAPTER FIVE - Scythe Loses An Arm

> Scythe POV.

Oh no. Scythe could tell she'd said the wrong thing. The man recoiled like a cat from a bath, and he must have cracked a rib in the process because his hand flew to his side and he wheezed like he'd been smoking for half his life.

"Uhm." Scythe poked his shoulder. "...Ya good, bucko?"

The man forced a neutral expression but his fast-blinking, wide eyes didn't match. "Oh, of course, I'm great. Just fine."

Scythe cringed internally, her stomach doing the uncomfortable thing where it sort of sank and did weird backflips. She'd been used to everyone just knowing who she was and she'd never imagined she'd have to awkwardly explain to someone that they'd run into a serial killer. "You got a name? I'm not callin' ya 'bucko' for the rest of your stay." 

The man shook out his head. "I'm... My name is Medkit."

"Well, pleasure to meetcha." Scythe hedged. She had a sudden apprehensiveness to being friendly. "...You'll have to stay here. And you seem pretty valuable. How about I let ya join my crew for a bit, just to get ya back on yer feet?"

Scythe shot out the offer using her best calm, convincing tone, but inside she was sort of excited at the prospect of a healer on her side. This Medkit fellow didn't seem too keen on going back home. 

"Oh. I..." Medkit turned away. He scratched at his eye. "I'm not sure."

Oh, Scythe couldn't hide her disappointment. "Just offering, 'kit. You don't have to. But I'm afraid that means yer gonna have to be blindfolded when ya leave, eh?"

Medkit scowled. "Don't call me that, please and thank you."

Scythe shrugged. "Okay, okay. Now, stay here and recover. I'm gonna go look for Broker."

"Broker?"

"Yep." Scythe's robotic arm suddenly started doing... something. One of the pins in the side fell out. The elbow joint grated to a stop before the whole arm just slipped off and crashed to the floor altogether.

Medkit stared with his mouth wide open, staring at the smooth, scarred stump that was left of Scythe's old arm. She cursed, kicking her robot arm at the wall, before storming out of the room to go look for Broker.

Phighting: TAKEOVER!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें