CHAPTER SIX - Medkit Does A Thing And Gets An Ouchie.

> MedKit POV.

Medkit stared at the old robot arm with a hint of curiosity--but mostly just shock. He was stunned that the crazy serial killer had just offered him a job at her side. There wasn't a single chance he'd accept.

He scrubbed a hand over his eyes. One was starting to feel... wrong. Itchy. A faint but stabbing pain was pulsing in his left eye like needles were pressing behind the eyeball. It was like it was--

"Oh no."

Medkit rubbed his eyes again. The Explosion. His eye had been sore and blurry and he couldn't really see when he had the other one closed. Something must have gone into his eye.

He rushed into the first room he could find, ignoring the leak dripping steadily onto his head, and checked his face in the mirror. He'd barely looked at himself after the Incident, but he could tell that the eyelid had become swollen and his eyeball was gaining a weird pink hue.

"Scythe?" he called, but there was no answer. She was gone. "Scythe, I need your help! Please?"

He turned back to his horrified reflection in the mirror. He knew it had to be done. Some sort of poison or acidic substance had entered his eye after the Explosion. And if he just let it sit, then it would just end up having to be removed anyway.

And Scythe wasn't here to help him. Not that he really expected her to.

He was going to have to do it alone, without being peacefully sedated where he wouldn't feel anything.

And it was going to hurt.

Soooo... let's just stop here for a second.

I was actually going to include a more gory description for this part but decided against it. I myself was getting a bit squeamish at what I wrote, so I just cut the chapter here and wrote what happened afterward.

Medkit slumped on the couch, breathing heavily. He'd done it, and despite the harsh pain that was making all his other pains even worse, it was almost an achievement. 

I can't believe I did that, Medkit thought bitterly. This is all your fault, S--

A knock at the hatch.

Medkit hauled himself to his feet and limped over, blinking at all the puzzles and locks. who was outside?

Muffled voices echoed from the other side of the hatch. Medkit could barely pick out the words, not over the pattering rain and occasional fuzzy noise ringing in his ears.

"Not... at all. So... can't..."

The other voice was closer.

"Try doing that thing where..."

Medkit went pale. They didn't sound like Scythe.

Someone was breaking in.