IV

"Will we ever learn? We've been here before." -Harry Styles

-

There was not a single time of year there wasn't an event or an auction being held. An event where we're needed to steal something, hurt someone, or kidnap an individual. And tonight, there was no difference.

As soon as our plane landed, Xavier sent us over a mission. One of his dad's old friends was holding a networking gala. One we needed to attend. Something about stealing some jewelry and kidnapping someone. I was too dazed in my book.

Before we could spend one moment in Harry's house, a car picked us up to get ready for the event. The guys were ushered straight off of their plane and to the same apartment we were brought to.

It was a formal gala, one with fancy suits and floor length dresses. I was put in a black velvet dress that hugged my body. It stopped at the floor, the heels they gave me giving it an inch off the ground. My makeup was retouched and my hair was put into tight curls.

All of the guys were put into matching black suits, the only difference being the lack of tie or not. Harry, of course, was sporting a no tie look and several buttons undone. The rest of them all had ties of various colors.

Standing beside me was everyone as we stared at the building. I sighed, glancing side to side at everyone wearing the same boring expression. We all knew what we needed to do, some having more work than others.

"Ready?" Harry asked, staring down the line of us.

"Sure." Louis shrugged, beginning to walk. All of us followed behind, Niall staying beside me.

"Wanna sneak a drink?" Niall asked, leaning beside my ear as we walked into the building.

It was, as per usual, an all white room. A fancy glass chandelier, items against walls, and an orchestra. Nothing out of the ordinary for events like these. I've gotten extremely bored of these, especially as we're in the process of holding our own.

"Please." I answered Niall as he dragged me to the bar with him, excluding ourselves from the group.

Niall and I sat down at the bar, facing the same crowd of people we've seen for the past two years. All of the men are with way too young of women and have way too many frown lines for their age.

"Here." Niall handed me a drink he had ordered.

"Thank you." I smiled and shot the drink down.

"I'm sorry you always have to pretend fuck old men on these missions." Niall sighed and handed me another drink, watching me down that one too.

"I'm used to it." I shrugged.

"Well, you shouldn't be." Niall said sternly.

"It's fine, Ni. Trust me, it gets fun sometimes. If you watch Harry whenever I'm touching them, his face is tense and turning red like a tomato. It's hilarious." I giggled to myself at the thought.

"That sounds pretty funny." Niall laughed.

"Wanna make it up to me?" I smiled, hopping off of the stool.

"Oh god." Niall groaned.

"Dance with me." I held my hand out for him to take.

"Kennedy." He warned.

"Come on, Harry won't dance with me. Please, dance with me." I crunched my hand.

"Only because you saved my life." Niall took my hand and allowed me to lead him to the dance floor.