Our New School Is Officially #1 In Top Ten Places to Get Lost In 0.5 Seconds

"MY OC WOULD TOTALLY DESTROY THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOURS!!" Astra hollered, banging their fists on the table in frustration.

"NO, STOP BEING SO DELUSIONAL! ALYA WOULD FUCKING INCINERATE ROBIN IN A HEARTBEAT, AND YOU KNOW THAT!" Orpheus shouted, practically fuming at the notion that Astra's DnD OC would be better than theirs.

"Both of y'all need to bring this conversation down to like a 7." Skylar said, shaking her head at the dynamic between the rage-driven individuals sitting across from each other, locked in a stare-down.

"Astra, people are starting to stare. Please calm down!" Isla whispered nervously, tugging on Astra's arm.

"Yeah, man. This has been going on for over 30 minutes now. Can't one of you just, I don't know, give u-" Caspian was about to say until Orpheus slapped their hand over his mouth.

"Don't.You.Dare.Finish.That.Sentence. I will only yield once Astra comes to terms with the fact that I'm right, they're not." Orpheus seethed, glaring at them.

"NO! FUCK YOU!" Astra exclaimed, getting ready to straight-up pounce on the poor soul once again.

"OK, Madame Gremlin. How about you come with me to go get something to munch on?" I said, hauling them up onto their feet.

"Electra, Ricky, you're on peacemaking duty!" I shouted back at our table while simultaneously dragging a fuming Astra from the group. 

"YES MA'AM!" Electra and Ricky saluted in unison.

"You, stay put right here." I said, placing Astra next to me. We were at the end of a relatively short line, which was honestly surprising, considering how many famished teenagers were rushing into the cafeteria.  

While waiting for our turn to order, I decided to check out the interior while a hangry Astra muttered a flurry of R-rated curses under their breath. And may I just say, it was practically the holy mother of the earth-core aesthetic. 

There was three wooden walls shrouded in vines that sprouted a variety of different flowers. There was an opening where the fourth wall should be, replaced by a counter with a cashier and a flurry of chefs behind them eagerly getting food made for a bunch of teenagers who had taken refuge in a place a long way from their home. The long wooden tables were practically overflowing with hordes of students. There was 2 windows on two parallel walls, letting the last rays of sunlight stream in. Wait, hold on... LAST RAYS OF SUNLIGHT?!

"Um, excuse me, ma'am. What is the-" 

"Time? It's around 7:15-7:30 pm. Why do you ask?" the cashier said, tilting her head. 

"Um, no reason." Oh well. I'll confront Orpheus or Ash about it later. Right now, I could go for a-

"Half cheese, half pineapple pizza with no nuts or sesame seeds, right?" the cashier stated casually, typing the order into the machine.

What the fuck just happened?

"Did you just predict my order?!"

"Yup! All TerraShifters have the ability to mind-read, since human nature is one of our many abilities."

"Excuse me, Terra- what now?!" Astra said, snapping out of their rage-induced daze.

"People with Earth powers, bestie. Do you want some extra chocolate drizzle on your family-size rocky road ice cream? It seems like you've had a long day."

"Yes, please!" they said, staring at the cashier like she was a angel who descended from the heavens for all of our foodie dreams.

"Alrighty, now that would be 30 points." She said, looking up from the machine and staring at us expectantly.