Why, Hello There, Potential Love Interest!

"Ok, so how the fuck are we going to get to your 'EsTeEmEd' institution?" Electra grumbled, clearly pissed off at Ricky for insulting her "amazing" fire extinguishing talents.

"Well, Your Sassiness, we get there through this!" Mrs. Thornbloom said, waving her hand in the air towards the . All of a sudden, the doorway to our classroom suddenly transformed into a whirlpool swirling with bright blues, purples, and pinks of varying shades. 

"YOU MADE A PORTAL IN MY CLASSROOM?!" Mrs. Brown exclaimed in surprise.

"Whoa~ I wanna go! Yo, Mason, do you got any space in your backpack for a plus one?" One of the loud kids in our class hollered.

"Hell to the no!" Isla shouted back.

"So, do we just.. walk in?" I ask stupidly.

"Yes." Mrs. Thornbloom sighed miserably, seemingly at her breaking point. Even nice middle-aged ladies have a limit, apparently.

"Genderfluid people first, bitches!" Astra said, nearly running me over and barreling into the glowing whirlpool, sucked in without a trace. 

"Wait, Astra, you forgot your backpack!" Isla called, running in after them with both backpacks in tow.

"HASTA LA VISTA BITCHES!! NARNIA, HERE I COME!" Electra yelled, sprinting into the portal.

"IT'S NOT FUCKING NARNIA!!" Ricky cried, racing after Electra. Then, the knight carrying Skylar solemnly walked into the portal, probably rethinking his life choices. After getting up, I looked towards the portal, still starstruck. I was the only one in my group still standing in the world I thought I knew. I really wanted to join my friends in the festivities of going to a new world, but there was an ache in my chest, one I was quite familiar with.

"Are you alright, Your Majesty?" Ash asked, stepping up and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything is about to change. What about my family? Will I never see them again? What if we have no control over our powers? What if we aren't as great as heroes as you'd expected? What if-" I started babbling, letting my intrusive thoughts take full control over my mind

"Hey, hey! Breathe!" Ash said, rubbing my back in comfort. After taking a few deep breaths and barely managing to narrow down the flurry of questions in my head, I spoke again.

"Thank you. I needed that. But you still haven't answered my question. What if we aren't able to defeat the darkness? What if we can't control our powers? Everything is changing so fast, and I don't know if I can handle this all in one go."

"I understand how you feel. It can be extremely anxiety-inducing, finding out that your entire life may or may not have been a lie. But, change is inevitable. Whether or not, you have to embrace it eventually, because fighting change never goes well. On the basis of controlling your powers, you will be in safe hands at EA, as we have been preparing for you and your friends to come to our academy for several decades now. Don't worry, even if you guys can't defeat the darkness, it's safe to say that at least you tried." Ash said, finishing their story with a half-smile. 

"Now, are you ready to go to Elementalist Academy?" they said, stepping away from me. 

"... Ready!" I said, smirking as I turned to face the portal. After taking a deep breath, praying to whoever the fuck is controlling my life that I am making the right decision, and shaking out all the jitters in my limbs, I stepped through.

At first, I felt nothing, like I was floating on air. I was surrounded by a tunnel of different galactic colors, and I was overall at peace. All of a sudden, I felt like a huge force push me through the tunnel, turning the colors into a blur and making me feel like I was on the world's worst rollercoaster. After about five seconds of me feeling like I was about to vomit and faint at the same time, I was at the end of the tunnel. 

I immediately fell to my knees and held my head, waiting for the world to stop spinning like one of those cheap goody bag tops you get from a birthday party. Then, I picked myself up, took a look around the place where I was and gasped in disbelief. I had entered some sort of clearing. 

There were emerald green trees blooming pastel pink flowers around some kind of large platform that I had ended up straight in the middle of. It had some kind of giant crest as a design, with sections of it surrounding me representing fire, water, earth, air, space, and lightning. There were six poles behind the sections for every element. On every section, there was a cluster of people presumably representing their elements. They all wore clothes that seemed to correspond with their element, and they all had a seemingly very good taste of fashion. With varying stares of surprise, disgust, and relief directed at me, along with murmurs from the crowd, I was starting to feel extremely self-conscious in my ketchup-stained black cargo pants and ratty old red hoodie from when I was a freshman. 

"Cyra! Are you ok?! What took so long?" Isla said, rushing over from the earth section, my other friends(including the conscious Skylar) following suit from their respective sections. 

"Yeah, I'm fine! I was just having some second thoughts about this whole magical royalty thing. How about you guys?" 

"Don't worry, we're ok too." Ricky smiled.

"Do you think Thornbloom will let us go through that portal thing again? That was the best ride I have ever been on in my life!" Astra said, grinning excitedly like a hobgoblin. 

"Over my fucking dead body will we ever go on that thing again!" Electra groaned.

"Damn it." Astra mumbled, kicking at the ground in frustration.

"Oh, Sky! You're back! Are you feeling better? Are you confused about anything?" I said worriedly, scanning her for any injuries.

"Don't worry, I got all the information I need. I'm just really hungry." She sighed. 

"I second that statement." Isla nodded, everyone else agreeing with her.

"Ok, then! To wherever the cafeteria is, we go!" I said, starting to walk away from the relentless attention of the students surrounding us. All of a sudden, I felt some kind of ball hit my foot.

"INCOMING!!" I heard someone shout from above me.

I managed to look up just in time to see some human falling from the sky. I wasn't able to get a good look at them, but I did manage to catch a glimpse of some bright blue eyes before the individual made the ever-so-bright move to tackle me to the platform.

"AAAAHHH!!"

BAM!