18# The Misunderstanding

Kitty ran and ran, until she was out of breath. She then started thinking what path she would take, but she found it best to find a high place so she could see where she was going, besides the sun was coming up anyways. Kitty found a high rock where she looked over it to see far off in the distance a small village which HAD to be the place where she came from. 

---------------------------------------------------------

"She ran." One of them said as Victor slammed his fist on the tables. "maldito idiota" He said grunting have drunk. "Send out the troops to find her, I can't believe she tricked us." 

"That was a good act." One of them drunkily laughed as Victor hit him over the head. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Were here." Puss said his wagon arriving in the back of Victors building, they could still hear the partying of jolly idiots in the background. Puss was about to get into action as the doors burst open and troops of cats in suit similar to kitty's ran out like ants out of a log. Puss grabbed his friends and his behined a rock. "That's strange." Puss said to himself quietly, he never remembered this happening when he joined Victor in a party. 

"Common let's go! Perrito you know your part, Sherman, your with me." He said as they sneakily entered the building from the top. 

Upon reaching the entrance to the chaotic party, Puss gave Sherman an eye to eye look that said, "you ready?" 

"Yeah" Sherman replied with boldness on his face. 

"BAM!!" the doors swung open as they ran charging at Victor with their weapons. They guests screamed as Victor jumped out of his seat shocked to see them.

"SHERMAN RAMERIEZ?!" Victor said as he was knocked to the ground by Puss who held the sword to his neck.  "V-victor?!" Sherman stuttered as tears came to his eyes, the screams of people fleeing from the party all left both cats moments as it seemed somewhat quiet. 

"Puss..." Sherman said putting a paw on his shoulder,  as Puss's face was confused on what was going on. "You know Victor-" Puss started as Sherman cut him off, 

"Let me do the honors." He said with a smirk and sudden change of facial expression as Sherman stabbed Victors side. Victor grunted and slowly started to loose consciousness, 

"Where is she?" Puss said kneeling down to Victor's death position. 

"We killed her." He said knowing it was a lie, even if he were to die, he hoped that his enemy would live miserable life. "No... Nonononono... NO!" Puss screamed as he his eyes grew wide with unimaginable pain. 

"NO! YOU DIDN'T!" He screamed. 

"You were to late.." Victor smirked and then breathed his last. Puss ran out of the basement his ears down and fur all messed up as Sherman followed. "PERRITO!!" Puss yelled for the little dog, tears in his eyes. "Puss, I'm so sorry! I can't find her!" He whined. 

"No... no.." Puss cried and cried as Sherman took both of them out of there. "It couldn't be. It can't be." He thought. He felt as if he were in a nightmare, it wasn't true. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Kitty ran towards the little village exited, but also worried, she didn't want to believe that Puss didn't love her, after all they've been through. Was it all really just fake? She would soon find out as she looked around. 

They lights of the village were so pretty, they almost brought hope to her as she made her way down house after house. Now this was getting familiar, Kitty saw far off in the distance the little cottage far away, she ran towards it, she would finally find out why they didn't come for her. She was sure they were because the chimney was going. Kitty frantically knocked on the door, but when it was answered, an unfamiliar female gray cat appeared at the door holding a lantern, and in her other arm a hand full of kittens. 

Kitty, out of breath, spoke up in worry. "Is a man named Puss here?" She asked. "Why I'm sorry Ms, I'm not sure who you are," She said. "A man named Sherman and his friends left a couple days ago, but they haven't returned." She said softly but startled. 

It was true, he really did leave, Victor was right. He didn't live her. 

Kitty suddenly with tears in her eyes bursted away from the door as the female gasped at the sudden action. Heartbroken, She fled down the red hollows path and back into the forest, not turning back at all. She knew she would never be able to heal from this confusing tragedy, not knowing if she would die, if she would live another life or anything. She just ran, exactly how Puss did. 

Sad isn't it? Don't worry, the next two chapters I know you will love!