Chapter 6

▪️▪️✨Authors Note✨▪️▪️

Over 1.1k already?! Thank you so so so so much for all the support this book is getting!!!

Artemis is finally here!!!

Mount Justice; 9:58; August 8

The sun was shining brightly, the sky was a shade of clear blue and there was not a cloud in sight. The weather was perfect for one thing....A beach day!

Kaldur, Robin, Rachel, M'gann and Superboy all headed down to the beach on Mount Justice. Seagulls squawked happily in the distance and everyone was in a cheerful mood. The five of them were all in bathing suits and walking down to set up on the beach.

M'gann was holding a surfboard and wearing a sunny, yellow two piece bathing suit, she looked ecstatic to be there and ran ahead of the rest. Robin was wearing dark blue swimming trunks with red accents, he had a white towel around his neck, his signature glasses on and a volleyball in one hand. Kaldur was in dark blue swim trunks with no accents and he was carrying an ice box full of snacks. 

Superboy had dull brown trunks and was carrying the umbrella, walking side by side with Kaldur. Raven had a black two piece on with straps that zig-zagged along her back, she had a book in her hand and black sunglasses resting on her head. Her purple hair glinted in the sun, complementing her pale complexion. She walked at the back of the group, behind Robin who was staring at the water ahead.

"Hello, Megan! We should hit the beach every day!" M'gann said, excitingly pointing towards the water.

Robin faked a sad face and somberly said "First a moment of silence for our absent comrade." 

"Poor Wally." M'gann added, bowing her head in respect.

Rachel rolled her eyes but also bowed her head, "Welp, sucks to be him," She shrugged. 

The team laughed at the witch's sarcastic remark and put their stuff down on the golden sand.

Rachel had laid her towel down and was invested in her book, propped up on one elbow, letting her hair lazily fall on her face.  Kaldur was setting down the cooler and Superboy was setting up the umbrella. M'gann and Robin looked at each other smirking, looking back and forth from Rachel.

They walked up behind her and both grabbed each of her arms, making Rachel drop her book. Then they started force walking her over to the water, Rachel looked around frantically.

"Wha- What do you guys think your doing?" She spluttered," Put me down! Let me go!" 

The two just laughed and Robin said, "Down, you want us to put you down? Alright then."

They dragged her to the last bit of the beach and threw her into the water. There was a massive splash, covered with the sound of the two pranksters laughing.

 Kaldur and Superboy turned around, mouths open after witnessing what just happened.

Soon Rachel re-emerged spitting out the water that had gotten in her mouth. She stood up and looked from Robin to M'gann. Her hair was drenched, and she was covered in water from head to toe.

"So that's how you wanna play." She said, her fists clenched and her glasses hanging on by a thread of hair.

Before the two hero's knew what had happened Raven raised her hands, then motioned forward. A massive, and i mean massive, wave formed, growing and growing until it towered behind her. She released the wave with a smirk, forming a shield around herself.