Chapter 3

A/N: That's kind of what I imagined Sadie's outfit looking looking like. What do you think of it?
*******************************

The car ride is silent. It's about a fifteen minute drive from the T-Rex paddock to the Velociraptor paddock. When we arrive, a man approaches the car. He greets Owen first, and then he notices me when I get out of the car. "Hi. I'm Sadie." I stick out my hand, and he shakes it.

"Ah. You're the one crazy enough to train the T-Rex. I'm Barry." He says.

"Why does everyone think I'm crazy?" I say in exasperation. "You guys train Velociraptors. Those things are silent killers. At least you can hear the T-Rex and try to get away from it," I say. The two men just look at me. We hear chirping coming from somewhere and they walk off. I follow.

Owen leads me to a safety cage-thing that acts as an entrance to the raptor enclosure. Sitting in metal harnesses are four Velociraptors, all staring at Owen. I look at them in awe. I make eye contact with one, and we stay like that. I hold her gaze, refusing to look away. Eventually she blinks and looks down. I smile. "That one's blue." Owen says. I look at him confused. Yeah, she's blue. She has blue stripes.

"What?"

"Her name. It's Blue." He starts pointing at the other raptors. "This is Charlie, Echo, and Delta. Blue's the beta."

"Who's the alpha?" He smirks.

"You're lookin' at him." I smile.

"Can I pet one?"

"You can try." I approach Blue slowly and put my hand out. She looks at it wearily, but she doesn't flinch. I get closer and closer until my hand touches her nose. I look into her eyes and hold them. She makes a small chirping noise and snorts, causing me to laugh. I remove my hand and back away. "She likes you." Owen says.

"I feel honored." I say jokingly. We hear a voice calling for Owen.

"Owen! Come on, it's time!" We look up and I see Barry standing on a walkway that stands above the raptor enclosure, and he's looking at us. Owen glances at me before walking away. He turns around and motions for me to follow him. He leads me to the walkway and stops. He gives someone a signal, and I hear many footsteps running around the paddock. I guess the raptors were released.

Suddenly a small pig emerges from the woods, and it looks like it's running for its life. I realize that it is when the four raptors emerge from the woods, chasing the small animal. The pig runs into a little box and the metal door shuts, and the raptors stop running. I hear a clicking noise coming from next to me, and I look over and I see that Owen is holding a clicker. The Velociraptors look at him when he clicks it. Two of the raptors start fighting with each other, but Owen quickly brings a stop to it. "Charlie! Echo!" He clicks the clicker, and they look at him. "Good. We're movin'!" He starts walking across the deck, keeping his eyes on the raptors. They start turning with him, but two of them start fighting again. He clicks the clicker, but they ignore him. "Delta! Charlie! Hey!" The other two raptors screech before running off into the trees and Charlie and Delta continue fighting. "Dammit," Owen puts the clicker in his pocket and leans on the railing.

"Don't worry, man. You'll get it eventually." Barry puts his hand on Owen's shoulder before walking off. I stand next to Owen and I lean on the railing as well, watching the two dinosaurs fight. "You'll get it. They're raptors. They're stubborn." I say.

"I know that." He says sarcastically. I lift my hands in surrender.

"Hey, I was just trying to help." I give him a small smile and I start walking to the car. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around to see Owen following me. We reach the car and he gets in the driver seat. I give him a small pout. "I wanna drive." He gives me a look.