Chapter 6

It's been a few months since the Indominus Rexes hatched. I haven't visited them since they got their trackers; believe it or not, I'm afraid to. The gaze of the tiny beast still haunts me.

I've been spending a lot of time with Bella, since she's way too jealous of Owen. I spend most nights in a tree in her paddock, and the rest are spent sleeping at Owen's Bungalow. I rarely go to my house anymore; I spend all day at the park and a lot of my stuff is now at Owen's. I guess you can say we're roommates or something now.

I've gotten kind of close to Owen's raptors. They trust me enough, and I guess I trust them. It's really amazing how much them and Owen respect each other. Bella and I have more of a friendly relationship than say, me being the alpha or something, like how Owen's the alpha of the raptors.

I can't help but wonder what the owners of the original Jurassic Park would think of this one.

***

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen. Let's see if she's hungry." I talk through the microphone to the large group of people in the tunnel. I can see someone jumping up and down behind the group, trying to see the dinosaur. I press the button on the wall that rises a goat into the paddock, and I light a flare and throw it. I wait until I hear the thumping get closer and closer, and Bella's form emerges from the trees and walks over to the goat. I put the microphone in the supply room as I hear Bella eating her meal, and the loud cheering coming from the tunnel. I take out my phone and decide to call Owen to ask if he wants to get lunch. It's about one o'clock in the afternoon, and I'm getting a little hungry. He doesn't answer, and I'm guessing he's training the raptors.

I go back outside to the deck that overlooks the paddock and I see that most of the crowd is gone. Only five people remain: a teenage couple who are kissing against the glass, an elderly woman who is watching the dinosaur with interest, and two boys; one is older than the other, and the younger one is staring at Bella like she's a celebrity. He looks at me and looks at me with amazement, and I smile at him.

I decide to just get lunch myself, since I don't feel like waiting up for Owen. I leave the paddock and I notice that the park seems exceptionally busy today. I sigh in annoyance as I keep being pushed around my the visitors. I finally reach my usual café, but I groan in annoyance when I see the long line.

I guess everywhere is busy today.

I stand in line and prepare to wait. After about twenty minutes I finally reach the front. I get myself a sandwich, chips, and a soda, and a cookie for dessert. I make my way back to Bella's paddock, but I get increasingly more irritated as I walk. Everyone keeps running into me and not apologizing when they do. I even had someone knock my over BECause they were running. "Thanks a lot, jerk!" I yell after them, but they don't acknowledge my existence. I groan and fast-walk the rest of the way.

I finally reach the paddock and I quickly open the door that leads to the deck, and I slam it closed. I swing my legs over the railing so that I'm sitting on it, and I dig out my sandwich. I eat it in silence, assuming that Bella is sleeping. However, I'm proven wrong when I hear loud, slow footsteps approaching me. I look up to see Bella standing in front of me, staring at my food. I smile and remove a large piece of meat from the sandwich, and I toss it to her. She opens her large mouth and catches the piece of meat.

I finish off my food, after tossing Bella some more food, of course, and I swing my legs back around so that I'm standing on the deck. I throw my trash in the garbage can in the supply room and walk back out onto the deck. I suddenly hear my radio crackle to life. "We have a Code 19, I repeat, we have a Code 19 on our hands." I roll my eyes. Of course a dinosaur escaped. I wonder which one? Clearly it's not Bella, since she's walking around in front of me. It could be the raptors, but I think Owen would've gotten them back by now. What does that leave? I freeze and a chill runs down my spine. The Indominus... No, there's no way... I take a few deep breaths, trying to calm down. It doesn't help when my radio talks again. "We are closing everything north of the resort. All guests must stay in the main plaza." I swallow the lump in my throat. Bella walks over to me and stares at me, knowing that something's wrong. "It's fine. We'll be okay," I say to her. I pull out my phone and I try to call Owen again, but it goes straight to voicemail. I begin to panic. Is he okay? What if he's not okay? Knowing him, he probably went after the dinosaur and-oh god. If this asset out of containment really is the Indominus... I exit the supply room and fast-walk, moving with the crowd towards the plaza. Hopefully Owen will be smart enough to go there.

It's hard to tell how busy a park is until all the guests are pushed into one place. The plaza smells like sweat and food, and it's even hotter than usual with all the body heat. I push past people, muttering "excuse me"s every five seconds. I suddenly feel my pocket vibrating, and I dig around for my phone. I pull it out and I see Owen's name on the screen. I answer it immediately. "Owen? Oh my god, thank god. Are you okay?" I ask him frantically.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Where are you right now?"

"I'm in the plaza, why? Where are you?"

"Heading your way," he says. I can hear frantic voices in the backround on his side of the call

"Owen, what is going on?" I ask, fear evident in my voice.

"The Indominus is out," he says. I freeze. That monster is probably heading this way right now. "We're going to be fine, alright?" I hear him say. He can probably sense my fear.

"Okay," I mutter quietly.

"Just stay there, I'll find you." Then the call ends. I shove my phone back in my pocket and quickly brush my fingers through my hair. I jump when a voice rings out over the plaza. "Ladies and gentlemen, due to a containment anomaly, all guests must take shelter immediately." My stomach twists in knots, and I think that the Indominus has found us. But everyone looks up, and I see something flying towards us. People start screaming and running around frantically, and I get trampled.

I fall to the ground and a few people run over me. I gasp and my eyes widen as a pterenadon flies three feet above my face. I quickly push myself off the ground and run, trying to get away from the flying dinosaurs. I pause when I hear my name. "Jackson!" I turn around, knowing that it's Owen, since he's the only person that calls me Jackson. I see him, and he's holding a gun, shooting at the dinos. I take a step in his direction, but I'm distracted by something flying at me.

I don't look up soon enough and a Dimorphodon slams into me, knocking me onto my back. I push my arms into its throat, trying to keep it from biting me. It's sharp teeth are inches from my face, and panic sets in as it gets closer. I cry out as its razor-sharp tooth nicks my nose, and my arms begin feeling tired.

Suddenly the thing goes limp, and I push it off me. Something grabs my arm and pulls me up, and I stumble a little bit. My nose stings and I can feel the blood dripping down it. I look up and I come face to face with Owen. "Oh god," I mutter, and I throw my arms around his neck. He hugs me with his free arm, but he pulls away quickly. He looks at me with concern. "Are you okay? It got you?" I shake my head.

"It's fine. It's just a scratch." He nods his head and pulls me into another hug. After a few moments I pull away slowly, and I look at his face. He suddenly pulls me back into him, but this time it's a kiss. I let out a gasp of surprise as his lips press against mine, but I kiss back without realizing it. He pulls away and I scrunch up my nose. "You smell like gasoline," he gives me a look.

"You always have to ruin the moment, don't you?" He asks me sarcastically.

"Yeah, 'cause the dinosaurs weren't doing that already," I say, giving him a sarcastic smile.