Chapter 5

I wake up to the sun shining on my face. I open my eyes a little and I see that I'm not in my house. I'm confused for a moment before I remember last night. I groan and close my eyes, trying to block out the bright light. I pull the blanket tighter around me and I start to doze off again. Right before I fall back asleep I'm suddenly blinded by even brighter light. "Wakey wakey!" Someone says.

I groan loudly and pull the blanket over my head. "Turn the sun off!" I yell at them. I feel the person poking me, and I try to ignore them. Suddenly the blanket is ripped away from me, exposing me to the brightness of the sun. I yell out as I'm picked up and thrown over their shoulder. My eyes fly open and they land on Owen, who is running through the Bungalow with me over his shoulder. I start hitting his back and yelling. "Put me down!" He just laughs as a response. "I'm not kidding!"

Suddenly I'm thrown down onto something soft, and Owen's face appears in front of me. His arms are on either side of my head, and our faces are inches apart. He has a big smile on his face, and it widens when I glare at him. "I hate you," I say, pouting a little.

"No you don't," he says, his smile turning into a smirk. "You love me." I roll my eyes.

"Please," I say sarcastically. He stops smirking and his face turns a bit serious. We make eye contact, and he leans in a little bit. A smile appears on my face, and I reach up with my finger and I poke his nose. "Boop." He sighs and stands up.

"Do you have to ruin everything?" He says jokingly. I sit up and nod my head, laughing a little. Owen walks out to the kitchen and I follow him. On the counter are two sets of keys: one is the keys to the jeep and the other I guess is his motorcycle. He walks past them and grabs the motorcycle keys. "You grabbed the wrong keys," I say. We always drive the jeep to work, since it's the park's vehicle.

"We're taking the bike today," Owen says, walking out the front door. I sigh and follow him. When I get outside I see that he's already seated on the bike, waiting for me. I take a seat behind him and I realize that I still need to get ready for the day.

"We have to go to my house. I need to change."

"Just wear that. It looks fine," he responds. I give him an annoyed look.

"They're yesterday's clothes." He sighs in annoyance.

"Fine. Hold on tight, we're going fast today." Before I can object, the motorcycle starts moving, and I quickly wrap my arms around Owen's waist in fear. I close my eyes, and the world is filled with the sound of the engine. After a couple minutes my grip loosens a little, and I open my eyes. The trees are whizzing past, and the wind is blowing my hair around. This is actually kinda fun, I think to myself.

The ride is over too soon as we arrive at my house. "Hurry up. I miss my girls," Owen says as I step off the bike. I glare at him as I walk through the front door. I enter my bedroom and dig around in my drawers until I find a suitable outfit. I pull off my current clothes and throw them into the pile of dirty clothes that I keep meaning to wash. I pull on a sports bra and a white muscle tank top, jean shorts, and black converse. I pull my messy hair into a ponytail and I secure my radio to my belt. I rush to the bathroom and I quickly brush my teeth, and then I run to the door. When I open it I hear Owen call out,"Finally!" I close the door and hop on the back of the bike.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Princess. I hope your girls don't eat someone out of impatience." I respond rather sarcastically. I hear Owen start mocking me in a high-pitched voice, but I cut him off. "Just drive!" I can practically feel him rolling his eyes as he starts driving. I wrap my arms around his waist again, looser this time, and I watch the nature go by. We eventually reach the park, and I notice that it's not as busy as it usually is. I guess Owen notices too, because as soon as we step off the bike, he looks around confused. "Aren't there usually more people?" I nod my head and begin walking into the park. Owen runs off to visit the raptors, so I start walking towards Bella's enclosure. I'm about half way there when I hear my name being called. "Ms. Jackson!" I recognize Claire's voice in an instant, and I decide to ignore her, walking a bit faster.

"Sadie!" I stop and turn around, seeing Claire driving towards me on a golf cart. She stops when she's right in front of me.

"What do you want, Claire?" I ask, very annoyed.

"I want you to come see the Indominus Rexes." I give her a confused look.

"I thought I wasn't allowed to see them for another few weeks?"

"They just got their trackers, so they're knocked out. We've decided to let you see them." I shrug before sitting down next to Claire on the cart, and she drives off.

We reach the lab pretty quickly, since there's not really any traffic. We hop off the cart and enter the lab. A bunch of scientists are running around the lab, and while Claire struts through the building in all her prowess, I try really hard not to run into anybody. We eventually reach the area where the Indominuses are, and I see Dr. Wu hovering over a big table.

I approach the table and I peer into it, and I see two white-ish grey dinosaurs sleeping next to each other. They both have small wounds on their backs and stitches where the trackers were put in. "They look so peaceful," I say quietly. Suddenly one of them wakes up, and I see an eye looking around. The eye is yellowish-green, and the pupil is like that of a cat. Her eye lands on me, and we make eye contact. It's too late to imprint on her, so seeing my face won't make a difference when she's older. But as she holds my gaze, chills run down my spine, and I feel like she's figuring out exactly how to kill me, which is weird because she's just over a week old.

I tear my eyes away and take a deep breath. When I blink, I see her eye gazing at me, and I shudder a little bit. "I should really go see Bella now," I say, and I run out of the lab. I don't bother taking the golf cart, as I'm too distracted to drive. All I can think right now is that I'm really happy I didn't agree to train those beasts.

A/N: Ehhhhhhh I know I haven't updated in a really long time and IM SO SORRY. But I had serious writer's block. I really wanted to update but I had no idea what to write, but I guess this happened, soooooooooo yeah. Sorry, again. I'll try to update again soon, but no promises.