Chapter 2

I haven't seen Noah since our rooftop meeting. 

I decide not to sulk over it and up my game. I was thinking of how I'll approach him later when I suddenly bumped into a rock hard wall.

I look up to see what I bumped into or rather who I bumped into and I realize that's the 'rock hard wall' was Noah chest. 

I move back a bit to see his face clearly and I realize that I have to tilt my head to see his face. 

Woah! he looks like he's over 6'2 and that's a huge difference compared to my 5'3 height.

That means if I want to hug or kiss-pause! hold that thought missy, you do not think of your new best friend that way. 

I must've forgotten the person I bumped into was still in front of me because he says, "move" with his deep voice startling me and making me move aside for him. 

He takes long strides as he moves ahead of me. I quickly gather my myself and I run as fast as I can excuse me for having short legs to try and catch up to him. 

I'm practically shouting his name and I'm grateful there's no one in the hallway otherwise they'd think I'm crazy.

As soon as I catch up to him, I stop in his front making him stop in the process.

He looks down at me with-as you guess- his usual sunshiny smile note the sarcasm. 

I tilt my head to look at him and with a smile I say, "hi naoh". He doesn't answer so I try again. "how have you been?". 

This time he answers, "are you always this persistent?".

He asks and as you guess again, he's still scowling at me but I do a little victory dance in my head because he doesn't ignore me this time. 

I must've looked weird because his usual expression has changed, now he's looking at me like I'm crazy which I'm not! I promise.

A little embrassed, I mutter a sorry to him with my cheeks of course adding to the moment by being flushed, he just rolls his eyes and walk past me. 

"I'm actually going to the cafe right now since I'm done with my classes for the day, do you wanna maybe get a drink?". I ask as I catch up to him. 

He doesn't even acknowledge me as he continues walking "so whaddya say?". I ask and still he ignores me. 

As soon as we're outside the campus I mutter a quiet "bye" walking away quickly. He doesn't even try and stop me. 

I turn to look behind me and I see him walking away in the opposite direction.

I sigh as I turn back going towards the cafe to get an iced cappuccino. I decide to sit at the booth a bit. 

I bring out my book from my tote, though I have my Kindle with me, reading from the physical copy just seem more enjoyable to me.

Taking a sip from my drink, I open my book, written with regret by Aly Martinez.

I'm halfway through this book and let me tell you, I've cried about ten times. 

There's no way you cannot NOT love the characters. Advice: if you're thinking of reading it, just make sure you have two tissues with you. 

I was so into my book I didn't hear Evan calling my name. Until he tapped me that's when I snapped out of my 'book dimension'. That's what I like to call it. 

He's looking at me weirdly now, that's when I realize I have tears in my eyes. Cleaning it with my handkerchief, it's a good thing I came prepared.

I mutter a quiet "sorry". That's when it dawned on me that Evan, the school's quarterback is sitting here, in front of me with his usual grin on his face.
.
.
.
Hi readers! what do you think of the chapter??. Please vote and tell me what you think by commenting!.