Chapter 5

I sigh as I drop my phone on my nightstand. I check the time on my alarm clock and see it's ready some minutes to ten. It's really late already. I get up to do my night routine before going to bed.

I step in front of the mirror as I enter the bathroom. My hair products lie on the counter and....my toothbrush.

I untie my hair then begin to detangle it. I step into the shower to take a shower and also wash my hair.

I wrap a towel around my body then my hair and I step out. I walk into my closet to put on my pyjamas then walk back into the bathroom to do my hair.

****

Wearing a bonnet on my hair, I come out of the bathroom. I walk into my room and lie on the bed deciding to get some sleep.

It's late already and I really don't feel like studying tonight.

Being a day student in university can be really tiring. Having to wake up early to catch the train, zero access to the library after school to make researches.

Well, the internet is much more easier.

That's why I try to sleep early so I can wake up early to reach the campus on time for lectures.

There are some day students that don't care about this though. Like Noah, for example he's never around for the first period and always arriving in the middle of the second period.

There's this other guy who's never in school. I always see him with Noah whenever he's around though.

Anyway, I shouldn't worry myself over them. But I hope I'll be able to make progress in talking to Noah tomorrow.

****
It really is a fine Friday morning.

My morning routine went smoothly today. I was able to catch the train early.

Plus, I'm not having a bad hair day. I have a good feeling today's gonna go great.

****
Walking into my first lecture, I bump into someone. Ugh! my second encounter this week. "I'm so sorry".

I look up too see the person and I realize he's the guy that's always with Noah.

Woah I've never seen him up close before and seeing him now, damn! he's just tall as Noah and hot too.

He's now looking at me with an amused expression. Why is he looking at me like that?. "Nah, it's fine. I should've watched where I was going". He replies with a thick Italian accent.

"oh don't apologize. I also should've watched where I was going". I tell him

"nice to bump into you, I'm Ashley". I laugh as I extend my hand towards him. "I'm Luca". He answers with a small laugh.

He's still looking at me with the same amused expression. Do I have something on my face?. I feel my face to check. Nahhh....nope, I don't.

"uhhh, if you'll excuse me". I say as I walk in the other direction. There was no need to continue standing there.

Mrs Patricia's lecture are always so boring. Sure I love the concept of learning the Africa and America literature, she just makes it boring for the entire class.

Just as I'm about to doze off, I hear the sound of the bell.

The next lecture is with my favorite teacher, Mrs Amanda. I just love her classes.

I really love Shakespeare and she adds to the burning love I have for him and his works.

I immediately spot Noah as I step into the lecture room. He sits with his friend, Luca. I meet his eyes and he just averts it. I smile as Luca meets my eyes and he winks and waves, I wave back and make my way to my seat.

The whole class is in chaos. I can hear Brittany's whining and some of the football players howling at the back.

I decide to get some reading done as Mrs Amanda isn't in class yet.

Half way through a chapter, she walks in and the class immediately gets quiet.

"now class, for your research project I want you to work in groups. This will be a three member group. It's a good thing we'll all be shared equally. I'll be giving you some topics to present either on Macbeth, Hamlet or Othello. I know you all will want to choose your partners but I'll be the one to pick".

Everyone groans, well except me though. It looks like they had plans amongst themselves already, well......except me though.

Mrs Amanda jus rolls her eyes and says, "quit you whining". She takes a piece of paper from her desk and holds it up, "I had already prepared the list before class today".

She starts mentioning the names and assigning each topic to the group.

"Ben, Wilson and Evelyn. You guys will be Comparing and Contrasting Macbeth's and Hamlet's Madness".

She continues with the names and the topics and I see that almost everyone has been grouped, just six of us that remains.

"Evan, Brittany and Ryan, you guy will be presenting Hamlet and the Mental Changes Ophelia Undergoes".

Brittany squeals in delight as she rushes to Evan's sit. She immediately clings to his arm and he gives her a small smile.

That's when the realization dawned on me as the only people remaining are Luca, Noah and I. Oh gosh, I glance at them and I see Luca wink at me.

"that leaves Ashley, Noah and Luca. Your topic is: Gender Roles and Racism in Othello".

Oh God, why am I sweating? it's not like they're going to eat me, they're just humans. I scoff internally.

I clean my sweaty palms on my dress, but I don't sweat on my palms. Why am I panicking???

"they are humans and students just like you, Ash. Get a hold of yourself girl!". I say to myself.

"you guys are to submit this by the end of this semester". Mrs Amanda tells us.

Just then the bell rings and she dismisses us.

I take my bag and step out of the lecture room. I was thinking of discussing our research briefly, but Luca and Noah had already stepped out before I did.

As I step out, I realize one thing.........Noah didn't leave in the middle of the lecture today.

hello readers!!!
.
.
what do we think of our new character??
please vote and let me know your thoughts on this chapter by commenting

~thank you!!!