Chapter 3

Evan, the school's quarterback is here, sitting in front of me with usual grin on this face. 

"uh, hi Evan". I wonder what he's doing here, we've never talked before. "hi Ash". He replies still grinning. 

First time talking and he's already given me a nickname? Damn. "so what brings you here?". I ask deciding to go straight to the point. 

The grin on his face changes into a slight frown and he says, "this is the closest cafe to the campus, Ash". 

Again with the nickname, I groan internally. "no I mean, what are you doing sitting down here, with me?". I clearify. 

He laughs softly and says "is it a crime to talk to you?".

I start to reply but he interrupts me and continues, "I know this is my first time talking to you, but you can't blame me.

Thinking of approaching a pretty girl like you can be really exhausting". He says laughing softly. 

I blink, once

twice 

thrice

I'm very sure my mouth is hanging by a fraction because Evan signals for me to close up. 

Argh! I must've probably looked stupid. "a pretty girl like me?". I ask snapping back from my thoughts. "yup". He answers, nodding and  smiling. 

I take a sip of my iced latte to cool my nerves as he says, "I want to get to know you" and that's when I choke. He laughs softly and he offers me a glass water. 

"I know it comes a bit of a surprise-"a bit?". I interrupt. "okay a lot of a surprise". He clearifies. 

"Evan, I may be naive and act all optimistic but I'm not stupid. If this is some kind of bet you and your friends organized then I'm sorry to waste your time". 

My statement makes him frown and he says, "this isn't a bet, I really wanna get to know you, Ash". "I'm still not interested Evan. Even if it isn't a bet". I tell him. 

Evan may be handsome with his dirty blonde, blue eyes and his whole clean boy look, he's not just my type honestly. 

"well this has been a fun first time talk but I must go now it's getting late already", I say as I get up from my seat. 

He frowns and checks his watch, "but it's just 4:38". "already?". I say acting worried. "mom and dad are gonna be so mad". I tell him, acting panicked as I get up.

He grabs my wrist before I had the chance to turn.

"you're an adult Ash, your parents can't be making decisions for you or telling you what time you should be home. Please Ash just give me a chance."

I try to tug my hand from his grip. "Evan let go you're hurting me". He doesn't listen. "just give me a chance".

He still doesn't let me go. "I'm not giving you any chance Evan. Is that so hard to understand? please just let go of me, you're seriously hurting me".

I pinch him and he finally let go of me. I clutch my wrist and check it and I see it's really red.

"you want me to give you a chance Evan? just take a look at what you did to me". I show him my wrist.

"oh Ash I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to cause any injury". He says looking remorseful, but I'm not buying.

Something tells me Evan is not who we think he is.

"just stay away from me Evan. I don't like you and I'm not giving you a chance". I tell him.

I didn't give him a chance to say anything before I'm out of the door. I breath a sigh of relief as soon as I'm out. 

It's good I had already paid for my drink otherwise that would've wasted more time, giving Evan more time to talk to me. 

****
Walking back home, I replay the event of today. Today was weird all together, from my interaction with Noah and Evan approaching me, even weirder.

It's a relief Brittany wasn't at the cafe. If she had seen me, she would've created a scene and I'll automatically become her next prey but not technically her next prey.

She insults me because of my colour. It was really hard to fit in because no one wants to talk to the 'black girl' and me talking to Evan will turn to another thing.  

Brittany likes to torment those who talks to Evan. Once she sees any girl talk to him , she immediately picks her as her......like I said prey. 

She makes their lives a living hell. Honestly, that girl behaves like she's still in highschool. She really needs to grow up. 

I'm glad she didn't see me and Evan. Thank God for that.

I look down at my wrist and see it's still red. Ugh! Evan couldn't even take a hint. I just hope he doesn't talk to me again.
.
.
.
hey guysss, what do you think of this chapter??
please vote and let me know what you think by commenting.

~Thank you!!