Chapter 4

Reaching my front porch, I reach for my bag to get my key. Opening the door, I sigh as I step into an empty house. 

My parents are never home, always on business trips. I wish I had siblings, at least the house will be more homely. 

The thought of come home wouldn't sound so bad but I know they're doing all these for me. They're doing their best and I'm really grateful for all their efforts. 

I close the door behind me and lock it, y'know for safety reasons. One can never be too careful. 

I climb up the stairs to the direction of my room. Entering my room, I close it and drop my bag on the bean bag that's just at the entrance, beside the door. 

My room is quite simple with its own aesthetic. The walls are off-white. I have posters of Lana del Rey pasted on the wall my bed is against. 

My bed, a queen size, is at the left hand side of my room. My nightstand sits at right side of my bed frame. 

In front of bed is my bookshelf, I have a desk that's just at the end of my bed, with a window in the middle. 

There's also a window beside my bed. The both give me an overview of the city. I really love the views I get from there.

My bookshelf is decorated with white fairy lights with a grey bean bag that sits beside it. 

My bathroom and closet are also at the left side wall of my bed. 

I make my way towards the bathroom to take a shower. Coming out, I walk into my closet and put on a tank top and short. 

I make my way downstairs to the kitchen to eat......dinner, I guess?. I go to the fridge to get my ingredients for a sandwich. 

After making it, I sit at the kitchen island to eat my food. 

I take my phone, that's beside me to check time and I see it's about ten minutes to six. 

I finish my sandwich and make my way to my room so I can finish my book. I enter my room and get into a comfortable position on my bed. 

****
Two tissues and two hours later......

I'm finally done with the book. Closing it, I stand up to place it back in my bookshelf. I check the time and I see that it's already 7:50 in the evening. 

I decide to call my parents. I'm not sure what time might be in Italy, but I just hope they aren't asleep. 

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing and I see it's them calling. I smile as I pick the call. "oh my gosh, I was just thinking of calling you guys". 

I only see my mum on the screen though. She smiles and asks, "how are you sweetheart?". "I'm good mum and how are you?". 

"I'm very well sweetie, how's school, how are your grades.....what time did you get home. I hope you're talking care of yourself". She says in her 'interrogative' tone.  

I roll my eyes and say " oh my God mum you're worrying unnecessarily. I'm fine and my grades are good too". 

"oh honey, of course I'll worry, I'm your mother after all". She says. 

"okay, okay I get but I'm not a child anymore". I say laughing. "oh shut it child". She says putting emphasis on the child. "you're still a baby in my eyes". 

"oh mum, where's dad?". I would've asked earlier but mum distracted me with her questions. "he just stepped out not too long ago". 

Just that moment, I hear the door and I see dad enter the bedroom. I smile and mum turns back to call him. 

"Ben, get your butt over here. Ash's on the line, come talk to her". Hearing this, he quickly rushes to where mom is. 

"oh my darling, how are you?". He asks. "I'm good dad and how are you. How's Italy?". I still would've asked mum but I was distracted. 

He starts to answer but mum interrupts, "oh my goodness, Ashley. Italy is so beautiful, I feel like we should just move and settle here. The food, the sights and oh my God Rome. 

Everything is just fantastic over here". She gushes on and on about Italy. 

It makes me feel a little sad that I'm stuck here......with school and no one to talk to. 

They seem to have noticed my mood because mum says, "oh dear, don't worry, the next time we're going on vacation, Italy will surely be our destination". 

"yeah, yeah. It's alright". I say brushing it off. 

"where are you going all dressed up". I ask finally taking note of mum's make-up and hairdo. 

This time dad answers, "we're actually going to a dinner party, a friend of mine gave us an invite. 

The hosts are said to be really powerful people. I really hope we'll be able to talk to them and see if we can be business partners". "alright, best of luck then". 

Mum stands up to show me her dress. "hey honey, how do I look?". "wow mum, you look really beautiful". 

She's wearing a short hand emerald green dress, with a V-neck, not too deep. It has slit that goes just a little bit above her knee. 

Her curly hair is straightened, then she does a slick bun with the end rolled so it wouldn't look rough.  

Her makeup is really gorgeous. She did a smokey eye look then she turns it up with her favorite deep red lipstick making her look like the goddess she is. 

She turns up her whole look up with her favorite accessories. Her diamond necklace and earring set dad got her on their anniversary. 

Her wrist is cladded with the bangles I got for her birthday last year. She also has some rings on her fingers. She really isn't a fan of those. 

Mum looks magnificent. Dad also looks good with his tux and the whole polish look. "wow mum, you look drop dead gorgeous. Looks like dad has a lot to do tonight". I say and laugh. 

Mum laughs along clearly understanding the meaning behind my joke. "what do you mean by that?". Dad asks, frowning his face a bit. 

I laugh and answer, "what I mean is, mum will be turning lots of heads, so you better keep her away from prying eyes. You can give them your famous glare". 

We all burst out laughing after my 'little warning'. "you should also do the same mum".  I tell her, winking at both of them and they both laugh. 

Mum is putting on her shoes as dad picks up the laptop. "okay sweetie, we have to go now, we're getting late already". 

"well at least you'll be fashionably late", I tell him and he chuckles softly. 

 Mum comes to stand beside and she says "we have to go now. Please take good care of yourself and please do something about your"-she does hand patterns around her hair- "hair"and dad chuckles beside her. 

"alright mum. Have fun you guys and don't forget what I told you", I tell them. 

They both chuckle. "alright, good night honey, sleep well". Dad tells me. "bye mum, bye dad". "bye sweetheart", and they hang up.
.
.
.
~hiiiii readers! what do y'all think of this chapter?? please vote and tell me what you think by commenting✨

~thank youuuuu