Going Home

I couldn't sleep last night mainly because today was the day i'm going to the boarding school. I can't lie i am nervous mainly because what if nobody likes me and then and i'm lonely for the rest of the year but at the same time i'm excited mainly as I wont be ignored by my still 'grief' driven aunt. I'm pretty sure she only says that to make me feel guilty as my mum use to say that growing up the two of them hated each other so much that one of them ended up going through a ground floor window. Normal sibling stuff.

I am ready. 

I need this. 

 I want this change. 

As I walked down the stairs with my case in hand and the red leather jacket in the other and making sure to hit all the steps with my case as I was going. As much as I was looking forward to going to this new school, I was hating this new feeling I felt like she was trying to tell me she no longer wanted me around but instead of actually getting rid of me she was sending me away and in this moment I do wish  she never adopted me as it would of been easier for the both of us.

'You are going to be travelling to the school by yourself.' That was all I got her from before she went back to reading her newspaper.

The same feeling appeared again. She normally doesn't take me anywhere. I shouldn't have hoped this would be different.  I just waved her off as i don't want to be a burden, so I take a banana before heading to leave for the station, which was a five minute walk from where we were.

As I flung on my jacket and was eating the banana , I walked down to the station to make sure I didn't miss the train.

When I finally made it to the area of the boarding school, there was another girl who was waiting for a taxi with a case it was either a coincidence or we were both being shipped to boarding school. I made my way to stand next to the girl, and this did give her a slight shock before i gave her a friendly smile before she turned back to the wooden gate.

'You here for the boarding school or just travelling from America,'

She gave me a weird look before answering 'The school and how did,' I pointed to the American flag on the case, which made it obvious unless she just loved America. which, in return, got a small laugh.

'I forgot to take it off, i'm Nina, and you?'

'Athena, so what house you in.'

Nina rumbled through her papers before finding the sheet, which stated in bold letters 'ANUBIS HOUSE,' she stated, which I just smiled back before pointing towards the taxi cab, which was drove into the car park.

'Are you two Nina Martin and Athena Smith'

'That's me,' Nina happily replied while I just nodded towards him and wheeled my case towards the back as he was having small talk to Nina that i tuned out.

When we got into the cab Nina's phone began to chime ' Is that your mum,' he and Nina had a small sweet conversation before it came quiet once again and since i'm not a fan of quiet as i'm either the one who fills the silence or I let my music do the job.

'What is the school like do you know?' It was like I had killed his dog by the way his eye had twitched and the jerk of the cab after the question he also gave a long silenced pause which made me question if i should of asked him now.

'It's odd it feels like death to some, and to others, they just go into moments of sadness when going past this place. Us locals try to avoid as much as we can. We mainly think it's haunted after the death of the sweet daughter of Frobisher-Smythe. Some say she was killed, which is why she haunts the school and the locals. But that is one myth to far for me.' The two girls gave each-other a look as if asking each-other if this was a good idea if the locals think its haunted before they shook their heads as they could see it and it looked beautiful and to be far they could live with some haunting if it looked like that.