Beware the Black Bird

When we entered the old peoples home it would be exactly what you think; beige walls with cream colored arm chairs with white frilled covers covering the arm and headrest as well as faded pictured hanging in white frames one of them being Anubis House. 

'That's Anubis House, Sarah said she use to live there.' the carer gave Nina a confused s mile before heading over to Sarah and putting her arm over the lady and taking off my red leather jacket and to be honest it looked a little silly. Sarah who was in her nighty had my jacket which was bright red draping over her shoulders. 

'You mean Emily. And we don't know a lot about their past especially Emily.' before raising her voice 'Isn't that right Emily,'

 Sarah/Emily just winked or tired to before smiling a little 'I'm old not deaf' as the carer guided her into her room and into one of the few patch-worked chairs that weren't beige and laying a blanket over her legs.

Before turning to me and Nina with a kind smile one I haven't seen from apart form Trudy 'would you like a cuppa' the two of us gave each other a look before  giving each other a slight nod.

Nina answered for the two of us'It's not like anyone would miss us,' the lady went out to make us and Trudy a cuppa and we went and sat the bed as 'Semily' was practically calling us over.

As we sat on the bed Semily through the blanket of her legs and made sure no-one was listening before talking to us, well me, but if felt like she was talking to the two of us.' You have to beware of the blackbird it is always watching, Athena beware the blackbird.' I felt skeptical mainly because she didn't even know her own name and maybe she only dreamt up this dream. with the he;p of the photos of Anubis house . But then it didn't explain how she knew my name. she must of seen my hesitancy. 

'You know me Athena' almost pleading as she held my hands 'I'm Sarah, you know me Athena.' I just smiled and i might as well believe as she has no reason not to lie but Nina still looks hesitant but just nods at me as if understanding my thought process. That was when the carer and Trudy walked in with teas in hand and saying after this we had to make it back to school. 

So after the teas and a quick goodbye to Sarah me and Nina made our way back to school as Trudy needed to go to the shops so we practically told her off for letting us stay there when she needed to be somewhere else. 

When we finally got to the school it was time for science one of the few subjects i was actually good at and as me and Nina were late we had to sit on the last table available which consisted of Fabian, Mara and Alfie. We sat on either side of Fabian as they were the only seats available.

Halfway through the lesson and i can not focus for the life of me maybe because of the warning form Sarah or maybe the girl in the locket looks scarily like me when i was younger or I couldn't help but feel like it came back to me and I did not know A, how to explain this feeling and B, the photo felt like conformation. 'That's pretty is it you' Fabian states looking over my shoulder to my blank piece of paper and to see mt new locket open to see a picture of young woman dressed in a green dress posing. 

'No it not her,' and 'It's not me' was the two response Fabian got one was snappy and the other was calm almost sad. This made those on the table look at the two girls confused mainly because to their knowledge they didn't know each other before Anubis house.

'sorry' was his immediate response not meaning to upset them or cause them any grievances.

But after class the two girls made sure to walk out with Fabian while they apologized to him, well Nina did and Athena just looked guilty and Fabian just smiled at Athena before turning back towards Nina and finishing the conversation and 'It's fine really and just ignore Patrica she will stop. Eventually.' I smiled at his comment even though he want looking at me more at Nina waiting for her to reply and because of this I wondered back to the house as I do not want to be third wheeling.