CHAPTER THREE

I missed her. I still do love her.

Was she worth the risk?

"Honestly Maddie, it's only been a few weeks ago since we broke up. The wounds are still fresh for me. I'm really not ready for another relationship yet." I shrugged.

"But it's not another relationship, Blake, it's with me." She said, reaching out for my hand, holding it in hers.

"Maddie, we will have to start all over again. Wounds take time to heal. We can't just continue where we left off." I could see the disappointment on her face, but I think she got the message. She nodded her head, letting go of my hand. She got up and walked around to her bedroom window. She wrapped her arms around her, as if embracing herself.

"Maddie." I called out to her, but she stayed quiet, not moving an inch. I knew it was bad when she got like that. I got up and walked towards her. I know we weren't together anymore but I still cared for her, even though she did what she did. I stood parallel from her.

"Madison." I said once more, this time softly in her ear. I rested my hand on her shoulder. She flinched when I touched her, noticeably exhaling.

"I lost you, didn't I?" She finally said as she turned to face me, her eyes glistened with forming tears.

"Just because we're not together doesn't mean I won't care for you. Regardless of what you did, you will always be my first love. It's difficult to shake that off." I smiled at her. She looked at me and smiled faintly. Her smile soon turned into tears. I wish I didn't care about her this much. I wish I didn't fall in love with her so hard.

"Blake, I'm so sorry." She pulled me in for an unexpected hug, wrapping her arms around my neck.

I wish she would stop apologizing.

One apology was enough because it was already too late to turn back the hands of time.

I wrapped my arms around her and we stood like that for what felt like eternity. She began sobbing. I tightened my embrace to comfort her. Her face was nestled in my chest.

She broke away after a minute.

She wiped her tears away. I looked at her; she looked back at me biting down on her bottom lip. She had such a bad habit of doing that. I could see her chest rise and fall the way she was breathing. She took a step closer to me and moved in for a kiss.

"Maddie, we can't do this anymore." I said to her, shaking my head. Her mouth parted with surprise and she backed away slowly. I sighed. She was hurting, and so was I. It was a confusing situation. I loved her still but I know I don't deserve the hurt.

If I get back with her would she do the same thing again?

That was what I was worried about.

Was this a risk worth taking? I asked myself again.

I slowly walked towards her and embraced her again.

"Madison, I still love you, but it's different now. You got to understand that." I whispered in her ear. She pulled away, nodding her head before biting down on her bottom lip again. Something inside of me just stirred. I don't know if it was all the close proximity, the emotions or because I missed her, but...

"Fuck this."

I pulled her close to me and kissed her passionately. Not giving her any room to question what was happening. She went along with it. Her gentle hands were on my chest. My hands gripped onto her small waist. My tongue grazed against her lips, begging for entry. Her lips soon parted, giving me way. She tasted of spearmint. I moved forward, making her walk back until the bed was behind her.