Chapter 99: The Church at the Centre of the Village

🎶 Ten Feet Tall — AFROJACK, Wrabel 🎶

Vicky Hernández
Is Pablo home tonight?
Don't tell him I asked you that

Fermín Lopez
Yeah I think so
Omg are you doing what I think you're doing? 😍

Vicky Hernández
What do you think I'm doing?!

Fermín Lopez
Confessing your eternal love for him and proposing? 😬🤞🏼

Vicky Hernández
You're out of your mind
Tell me if he changes plans, I'm planning to show up later

All Friday, I was incredibly nervous and I counted down the hours and minutes until later on. After a day at work, preparing for this weekend's games and European football next week, I went home to shower and get ready for tonight. What I was about to do was probably the craziest thing I had ever done in my whole life, but for Pablo, I'd do it a million times. To be honest, it wasn't *that* crazy, but for my standards, it was. And I was incredibly nervous what Pablo would think of it, hoping that he would like it.

 And I was incredibly nervous what Pablo would think of it, hoping that he would like it

📍 Barcelona, Catalunya, España
vicky.hernandez Friday mood ✌🏼

luislaporta Drinks later?
Replying to luislaporta:
vicky.hernandez Sorry, not in the city 🤷🏻‍♀️
user1 Queen 😍
rororiquelme10 🤤
chiara2203 🤔

At 6pm sharp, I pulled up in front of Pablo's house, my hands sweating and shaking as I rang his doorbell. The seconds until he appeared at the door seemed like years to me, but he finally opened up.
"Vicky?" he asked confusedly.
"Put on something nice, we're going somewhere" I simply said and he looked at me completely bewildered.
"Huh, what?" he asked.
"A pair of jeans, a sweater, whatever. Just not this training gear that you have on. And maybe a shower" I said, smelling that he had just returned from physio or training.

"Come inside" he said as he moved away from the door slowly.
"Hurry up!" I urged and clapped my hands. He raised his eyebrows and shook his head as he walked upstairs to his room, probably confused as hell, but I wanted it to be a surprise until the very last minute. He returned after ten minutes or so, freshly dressed and looking handsome as usual.
"You look good" I said and smiled at him.
"Thanks" he replied, blushing a bit.
"Ok, let's go!" I said and stood up from the couch, where I had waited for him.

He followed me to my Golf, where he got in on the passenger side and I started driving, when my phone that was connected to the car's system suddenly started ringing.

Dad
Incoming call...

"Oh shit" I mumbled and accepted the call on my car's display with a trembling hand.
"Victoria Hernández! Why the hell was my credit card charged with 10,000€ from a private jet company?!" he barked into my car and Pablo looked at me horrified.
"I... was about to e-mail you. You'll get the money back Dad, I promise, my check just hasn't come in yet" I whined like a pathetic spoiled brat.
"What are you doing?! Are you ok?! Are you being kidnapped?!" he asked concernedly.
"I'm fine Dad, I just need to do... a thing" I said cryptically.
"I expect you at home visiting us as soon as you can to explain yourself, young lady" he said severely.
"Yeah, I... I'll check my calendar. Thank you so much Dad" I sighed and he just muttered something to himself before hanging up.