Chapter Twenty-Nine

Elspet stood slowly; her eyes never leaving Breac's. She quietly moved towards one of the stately chapel windows.

Breac kept track of her every move confused by her lack of reaction to his statement.

"Elspet?"

"Breac?"

He stood and moved behind her; blanketing his large body against her. He watched Elspet trace her slim fingers over the lead lines in the glass. Breac placed his hand over her's.

"Elspet answer me..please ye silence is the death of me"

Elspet turned to face him.

Even with bruises painted across her skin and a plump bottom lip split open and spotted with dried blood; She was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. She made him want to become a better man, to become her man.

Elspet raised a hand to stroke across his lips in wonder before, beginning to speak.

"Ye are the most handsome man I have ever met not only that but ye are also: kind,strong,lovingly and destined to become the Laird of an established and respected clan. Ye were born into a certain life, one of privilege."

Breac began to feel as if his lass was saying goodbye "El-"

"Shush let me finish ye brute didn't ye mother teach you manners"

Elspet had placed a delicate finger over his mouth his words dying in his mouth and a smile blooming onto his face.

"I will be with you for as long as possible. but ye must promise me. Once I leave ye will find a lass and marry..at least one of us deserves to be happy.."

Breac frowned.

"Elspet I might have been born into privilege but I was raised to be a Macdonnell man. A Macdonnell man is humble,a warrior and a protector. We also only love once. We dedicate ourselves to one one person in our lifetime"

He kissed the finger she had placed over his mouth softly as he spoke to her; his voice dripping with passion.

"Good thing ye don't love me"