一 ♡ Chapter 1

~♡~

~♡~

He was standing there, covered in blood. The blood of their friends, their family, their fellow clansmen and women.

Kiyume couldn't help it. She screamed.

The sound shattered the deafening silence that resonated throughout the once bustling compound, echoing off walls, shrill and filled with terror.

Her eyes were filled with tears. Hot, stinging tears that soon diluted red. A thick, dark, crimson that blurred her eyesight and dripped down her cheeks in suffocating streams.

Itachi turned, his katana stained with the very viscous liquid that was causing the atmosphere to fill with such a sickly metallic scent.

It made her want to gag, cry, and crumble into nothingness, all at the same time.

Kiyume's body was frozen in fear, shaking uncontrollably. She'd already heard Sasuke's screams, anguished and terrified - much like her own.

Did that mean she was the only one left? Backed into a wall, the very man she had looked up to for so many years standing menacingly in front of her, blade poised to strike.

He steps forward. Kiyume flinches, her arms coming up to cover her head in a protective manner, desperately searching for some form of comfort, reassurance, anything to get her out of this hell.

Itachi continues to approach her, his eyes radiating a cold, unwavering glow. A mangyekou sharingan. She'd never seen one in real life - not even her brother's.

All Kiyume can do is watch in fearful anticipation as Itachi's figure gets closer and closer and-

-stops,

right in front of her,

his blade sheathed in its scabbard.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a letter, holding it out for Kiyume to take. She hesitates, then grabs the letter, looking up at the elder Uchiha with a nervous yet confused expression.

"Read it in a few years time. You won't understand it yet." is all Itachi says before his body shrivels and he vanishes in an explosion of black feathers.

~♡~

The next morning, Uchiha Kiyume is found, unconscious in the streets of the Uchiha compound by a man named Hatake Kakashi, clutching a dirty yet undamaged letter to her chest.

~♡~

a/n: I promise the next chapters will be longer T^T

~♡~