Chapter 34 ₊˚⊹ ♡

-- two weeks later --

Everyone is sobbing. We're basically clinging to one another, not letting go. Seungmin stands on the side, sighing in exasperation.

"You can't leave us!" Enzo cries.

"I know! I don't want to! But I have to," I sob.

"I hate you! I hate you so much! I can't believe you're leaving us again!" Rohan howls.

"I really want to kidnap you and not let you go!" Jeffery weeps.

"Kinky, much?" Carl sniffles.

"CARL!" everyone groans in disgust.

"My bad," he chuckles, through tears.

"Guys, our flight..." Seungmin whispers.

"IT CAN WAIT ALRIGHT?" Jeffery shouts.

"Okay, let's stop crying now," I sigh. We all wipe our eyes but we take one look at each other and start tearing up again.

"Oh god..." Seungmin grumbles.

"For those boarding the K143A Flight, gates will be closing in 5 minutes. This is the last call so please make your way to the gates," the airport speakers announce. I pull away in despair.

"I'm sorry. I promise to visit Australia as often as I can!" I promise my friends. Carl holds Enzo down from clinging onto me while Jeffery and Rohan are on the floor, crying in each other's arms.

"Promise?" they whisper.

"Promise..." I gently smile.

Me and Seungmin walk to the gates and I turn around for the last time.

"Goodbye..." I softly say to myself, tears rolling down my cheek. Seungmin notices and wraps his arms around me.

"We'll come back and revisit these memories. Don't worry. They'll always wait for you, you know that," he mumbles in my ear, caressing my back.

-- in Korea -- [uber]

"I already miss Australia..." I whine. Seungmin who had his arm on my shoulder laughs.

"Oh come on. Give yourself a week to miss them. We just came back to Korea," Seungmin chuckles.

"Oh, whatever. I don't know how to face our friends here," I sigh.

"I'm here, right? You'll be fine," Seungmin says. I nod and lean onto his shoulder. After a long silence and pull away from his shoulder and turn to look at him.

"Do you think we'll be best friends in every universe?" I ask, "I really hope so--"

"Not really," Seungmin replies jokingly. There's a moment silence before I glare heavily at him.

"Cunt," I snap back. A cheeky smile plays on Seungmin's face and he ruffles my hair.

✧ it just makes our friendship more special

We arrive at our respective houses and wave goodbye to each other before entering home.

"Omma, I'm home!" I shout to my parents. I hear silence and shrug it off.

"They're prolly working late night shifts or something," I tell myself. I dial Seungmin's number and he picks up.

"Yes Lix?" he says.

"I'm coming over to yours, my parents aren't home yet," I tell him. He agrees and cuts the call.

I pick up a jumper and head outside, locking the door on the way out. I'm walking towards Seungmin's house when a voice stops me

"Felix!?" someone calls out. I turn around to find Minho standing there with a cup of coffee and a crumpled brown bag. I stare at him for a moment before taking off.

"Hey! Lix, wait!" he shouts. I barge into Seungmin's house, slamming the door behind me.

"Felix? Everything alright?" Seungmin's father asks, worriedly.

"Ah! Sorry, Abeonim! Just ran here too fast," I apologize, bowing down. Seungmin's father smiles and pats me on the back before heading down the corridor. I follow after him to find Seungmin's older sister making fun of Seungmin in the lounge and Seungmin's mother cooking in the kitchen.

"Hey, Lixie!" Seungmin's older sister grins, waving to me.

"Hey Noona. Bullying Seungmin again?" I giggle. Seungmin pouts and runs to hug me.

"It's not bullying. He thinks Changbin is good-looking so I was teasing him," Seungmin's older sister shrugs. I go still.

"Changbin? As in Seo Changbin?" I gasp.

"You can't tell anyone, Lix. Because I think I might've feelings for him and I just realized like a moment ago," Seungmin warns. I nod my head, still in a daze.

"Felix! Are Omma and Appa not home yet?" Seungmin's mother asks.

"No Eomeonim. Is it okay for me to stay?" I politely ask.

"Of course! No need to ask. You're always welcome. Now then, dinner will be ready in some time so you guys are free to relax until then," she replies, leaving back to the kitchen. Seungmin's older sister follows her mum leaving me and Seungmin in the lounge.

"Minho saw me."

"Oh... Well, get ready for your phone to suicide. Because it's gonna blow up."

"For real. Anyway, you ready for college tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll pick you up at 7:30. That good?"

"Mhm. C'mon, let's play some video games for some time."

I pick up a controller and seat myself on the couch. The night followed with many shouting, quarrels, and laughing until we were exhausted and fell asleep, not ready to face tomorrow.

-- at college --

"Sunghoon, what the fuck are you doing?" Seungmin asks in confusion. Sunghoon is holding a mic in one hand and his phone in the other.

"I PASS THE MIC. I PASS THE MIC. YOU STAY STILL. YOU STAY. YOU STAY!" he shouts into it. Sunoo appears a moment later, grabbing the mic from Sunghoon and switching it off, with a tired look on his face.

"I've been trying to shut him up for the past twenty minutes. Anyway, how was Australia?" Sunoo questions.

"It was amazing!" I exclaim. I'm about to explain a whole lot to Sunoo but a voice stops me.

"Felix!" Jeongin gasps.

"Oh... hey," I greet him.

"We're sorry. We're so so so sorry!" Jeongin cries, hugging me.

"Erm... it's okay," I grin sheepishly.

"Oh my god, the others have been waiting for you. Especially Hyunjin. He's been getting angry at everything. It's been a nightmare without you. I didn't realize how much we rely on you to keep us together!" Jeongin says. Before I could say anything, I'm being dragged to the football field.