The Last Department

Outside the Last Department:

    Alto and Carlos walking side by side walking towards the last department. "Getting out of here is going to be the hardest thing to do." Carlos says. "How?" Alto asks. Carlos loads his sniper and starts speaking "These are were the people that attempt to escape this place are mostly caught. This building in front of us contains thousands of innocent people and hundreds of different varieties of guards-" "Guards like what." Alto interrupts him. Carlos slowly turns to the side pissed off. "Don't do that again." He says. Carlos clears his throat and continues "This building in front of us contains thousands of innocent pe-". "I already heard that just get straight to the point." Alto says. "Its funny because you remind me of one of my friends that does that exact thing you do and I'm about to send you to a coma if you do that one more time." Carlos says. "Okay, since you're so impatient I'm just going to tell you the plan." Carlos pulls out a map out of his bag of sniper ammo. "What else do you have in there?" "Mind your business and stick with the plan." Carlos says taking out a sketched map of the building. "For about 2 and a half years I've been stuck over here and I'd made an plan to escape long time ago but just never knew when to do it. Well it looks like I don't have an option anymore." 

   The map was full of annotations all with have detailed obstacles, hiding spots, and areas of heightened security. Carlos isn't just some normal guy, he's an genius in disguise. "There's tight security all over the place with every door containing two guards, we can't fight them because they are too many. So we would need a distraction..." Carlos says. I point at a spot in his map. "Isn't that the cell were people are being kept?" "Yeah it is." "Good, all we need to do is past by two guards and enter the cell, after we break open the prison doors holding people and then war will break while  we escape." Alto says. Carlos turns his head. "How is that going to work though?" He asks. Alto smiles "Simple" He pulls out a his blade from his back and holds it up. "This thing can literally cut through steel and metal." He says. Carlos points to the exit which is there escape but is just full of mines.  "How are we going to get out of there?" He says. Alto fell asleep. "Wake up, Wake up, not now Alto." Carlos says hitting his shoulder. "Alto!" Carlos pauses and then slaps Alto. He falls to the floor and continues sleeping. "What the hell." Carlos says in his mind. "You're really nothing but a heavy burden, I've been carrying you all this way and you just do this at the end." Carlos says, Alto snores loudly. "I don't even care anymore." Carlos leaves the place with Alto still sleeping on the floor.

   Carlos reloads his sniper loading his bullets, at the gate there are two guards standing. "Smoking Bomb" Carlos shoots an bullet to the floor and suddenly disappears. Then one of the guards notice that the gate is slightly open. "Isn't that the wanted man?" He says, "I thought so too, call for backup. Carlos runs left and right across the hallways trying to get to the prison cell to set the prisoners free and break there cells. Carlos then stops"Finally." He says in front of the cells. "Wait but I don't have the sword, Alto has it..." Carlos puts his sniper at his back trying to use his bear hands to open up the cells. Then from both corners of the hallways an army of guards appear armed. The leader, third in command comes out. "Carlos, I tried being nice but you didn't listen. Now look where you are at." Carlos goes on his knees and bows down. "Please I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking. Please don't kill me, please." Carlos says. The leader laughs "I'd always thought you were so brave, tough, and strong, yet look at you now begging." He continues laughing. Carlos looks up and hears heavy running footsteps, then all of a sudden the starts tearing down with blue slashes traveling everywhere, dust fills everywhere and then an hand suddenly grabs Carlos dragging him. "Let go of me! Get off!" Then a familiar voice is heard "Shut up and chill out." Alto says as he exits the prison dragging Carlos. "I freed the prisoners and now they are probably fighting also why would you just leave me like that?" Alto asks. "Look kid you wer-" Carlos pauses for a second. "You know what, I was just out of my mind. Never-mind that lets just get out of here." Alto runs across the freely mine field  yelling "Freedom!" With his hands in the air. Carlos freezes as another prisoner also sees him. "Only God saved you." An escaped prisoner says. "Who are you?" Carlos asks. The prisoner looks at Carlos then ignores him. "Over here, where you just ran, there are mines everywhere. You got lucky." He says,  Alto seeming not to care lays down on the floor looking at the sky. "I'll just be over here waiting for you." Alto snores.

    "Ugh he's taking his power nap again." Carlos says, then he looks at the prisoner. "So are you going to help me or just stand there?" Carlos says. The prisoner looks at the ground "Look at the piece of metal you're stepping on." Carlos looks to the ground, just centimeters away from the self destruction button. Carlos backs of quickly looking at his surroundings. The prisoner starts walking, "I'll at least pay you back for breaking me out. Just follow my directions and you'll live." The prisoner starts walking slowly telling Carlos to follow each of his steps. "How do you know where the mines are?" Carlos asks. The prisoner smiles and points at his head. "I used to be an detective and an artist, really deep thinker before I was dragged down over here. Some people think it's scary, some say I'm lucky. Honestly I don't know what to do anymore- Mine beside you." The prisoner said, Carlos gets out the mine field with the prisoner. They both look back at the building and see dying prisoners trying to run away from the prison- one by one they blew up into pieces by stepping on the mine, tripping, and falling. 

   "We better get out of here before those soldiers start chasing us, Carlos get your friend up quick." He says. "ALTO WAKE UP!" Carlos yells kicking Alto's stomach. Alto was still asleep. "You know why don't we just leave him?" The prisoner says. Carlos frowns "I can't do that." He says. The soldiers with frustrated looks on there faces comes out the smoke of the mines towards them. Carlos carries Alto on his back, "Just start running he says." They all start running and the soldiers chased them down. As they are all running Carlos struggles to keep up with Alto on his back and slows down. "I need a little help." The prisoner looks at Carlos with stupidity written all over his face. "JUST DROP HIM!". Carlos struggles to talk to the prisoner and yells "ALTO PLEASE WAKE UP!!!" Alto doesn't wake up, but suddenly his heart beat starts going faster and faster as the second passes by. Then he suddenly wakes up jumping off Carlos. As Alto jumps he gets within the range of all the soldiers. 2 of them group up on Alto trying to pull him. Alto ducks to the ground and kicks both soldiers, he picks on up on his left hand starts running speeding up towards the other 2 soldiers that were chasing Carlos and the prisoner. He throws the solider from his left hand to the air at one solider. The solider slows down and Alto swings at the back of his head and knocks him out while running. As the last solider runs Alto starts running faster and faster, he gets just close enough then he jumps in the air and kicks the soldier's head off with blood spilling everywhere. 

   "See why I couldn't drop him." Carlos says as he stops running. "How did you, what the- Alto are you alright?" The prisoner asks. "My name is Robert by the way." He says "About time you say." Alto deep thinks standing up, head down, meditating. All of a sudden thousands and thousands and I say thousands of soldiers, hundred of sniper glares, ten different leader that were masters at different fighting techniques all surrounded the area. Fire all around them there was no escape- the sky went black as the soldiers came closer and closer. Alto starts suddenly talking "I don't care what it takes, we are getting our freedom." Hot boiling steam gas started coming out of Alto's mouth, fist, and feet. "Try staying close, we can't go look for anyone while this is happening." Carlos says handing his metal bat. "The last department, this is the only closest way out of here, so just make sure to fight with your life." Robert says putting on his gloves. "If we die, we die together." And that was Alto's last words to them. Then war broke.