Chapter Nineteen

Chapter nineteen

Alaska who was asleep woke up to a clacking sound... coming from the window? Lazily, she opened her eyes and looked for the source of the noise that had disturbed her sleep.

And to her astonishment, she saw a crow perched on the window. The sight of the bird instantly made her heart race, she was scared seeing one after that incident. Hurriedly, she left the room looking for her mate to inform him about the crow on the window.

But to her dismay Blake was taking a shower, and she did not want to disturb him with such a futile matter. Anyways, the crow placed the letter attached to its leg at the edge of the window and then departed, leaving Alaska bewildered by the odd occurrence.

Intrigued by the piece of paper and the odd crow, Alaska opened the window and took the letter between her fingers. Instantly, a scent wafted through, stirring her wolf within. At that moment, she knew the letter to whom belonged to. Turning the letter over, she saw the words 'Your mate' written on the back, confirming her assumptions.

She was reluctant to open the letter. Hating on the whole idea of this second mate, furthermore she was afraid that Blake might see it and think of her as unfaithful or in a negative way.

She was about to ditch the letter by tearing it up, but her wolf said faintly 'If you rip it. I'll let you live your entire life as a poor human being.'

Alaska rolled her eyes saying 'You know that you're ungrateful brat... we already have a mate and we're happy with him,...'  She was unable to finish as her wolf somehow took control over her body and opened the letter.

Dear Soulmate,

I'm here, pen in hand, my heart heavy with longing as I write this letter. Isn't it odd? To miss someone whose name i don't even know, whom I've never had big contact with? But the connection of things drawing me to you and the void without you that's here, is inescapable. That day when I first saw you... you left a deep imprint on my heart and soul, and at that instant you became an integral part of my existence, your blue eyes, your scent that would drown me in the deep but never kill me... in those fractions of seconds i was able to see a so flawless creature... that is my mate. The bond and pull I feel, the unspoken connection that lies beneath the surface, like a cosmic thread that binds two souls together... our souls.

A week and the emptiness without you, is undeniable...your absence makes my heart bleed, making my being devoured by darkness. My wolf refuses to appear making me a shell of a man. I can only hope that you don't suffer from this bond and you fare better in this time. 

I yearn for your response, even if it is just a revelation of your name, so I might could occupy myself admiring it and repeating it... until we hopefully have the pleasure to reunite again.

Sincerely, Domino your mate.

Rogue's heart was in a mix of emotions - it fluttered yet also squeezed in pain. He was aching too. Alaska, on the other hand, didn't really care about the words in the letter, but her eyes were drawn to the name at the end... Domino, Blake's brother? No it might be another Domino?

That revelation made her stomach twist in both disgust and anger. She couldn't understand why destiny had to be so cruel to her. Now this second mate burden would put her in deep conflict, let alone the mate being her own mate's brother... It was confusing and mind disturbing.

She regained control once again and crumpled the pale yellow paper in her hand. She then took it to the lit chimney where she threw it in, watching as the flames consumed the words on the paper.

As the paper turned into complete ashes, Blake emerged from the bathroom. His eyes instantly landed on his mate, who was standing in front of the chimney, lost in deep thoughts.