🫤 Letters (Never Sent) 🫤

It had been a tough week for Paper. He had to run OJ's hotel all on his own; though he wouldn't mind other than all of people who went to that concert has gone radio silent.

He thought that when they got there, at least Fan might of posted on his vlog. But no, nothing.

But nothing has been to concerning; they,re coming back that day. And when they do come they all will a reasonable explanation for this. Like the concert was an no internet, no data, area.

But oh well, there wasn't any more time for Paper to ponder on that; he had to take care of the hotel. And once OJ gets back it would be easier again; and now that he had a break maybe he would take things easier again.

So Paper waited; not exactly, he stopped some pranks by YinYang, and prevented Pickle from getting so mad at his video game that he broke another controller.

Once it was about 12PM, most went to sleep. Some stayed up, like Pickle who would play video games for who knows how long. Paper sat himself on a couch, eyes fixated on the door.

He thought that they were going to get there a bit earlier than this, but at least it would give Paper the chance to see OJ and the others return.

As the hours went by; Paper eyes were getting heavier and heavier. But something was in the back of his mind, where are they? Maybe their cruise was late back? But it couldn't have been this delayed, right?

1AM
2AM
3AM

Paper's eyes couldn't stay open any longer; as he fell asleep on the couch, waiting for the others to return, in which they wouldn't.

Paper was later awaken by a concerned Pickle.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, "you don't usually sleep here."

Paper rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tiredness. "Oh- yeah sorry, did they return already though?"

"Who?"

"OJ and the others?"

"Oh them? I don't think so," he asked, "pretty sure they would've woken you up."

"Yeah, Maybe."

Paper got up from the couch. Tried fixing his hair before ultimately giving up and going around to water the plants around the hotel.

It was weird though, all of the people who went on the cruise, they're near missing people at this point. There's been text, post, anything from them. They're not at the hotel when they were supposed to return.

This was one of the many things Paper pondered that night. Hunched over a desk with a piece of paper, and a pencil.

On the top it quite blankly says, 'Dear Orange Juice'. And then what follows are eraser marks.

There was a bunch of questions that Paper wanted to ask OJ; but since he wasn't responding to his texts, and calls. The second best option was just shipping a letter off to OJ.

Paper thought and thought on what to ask on the paper. There was so many things like, "Where the heck have you been", or, "is something going wrong with the ship back?".

He soon just decided on a simple thing.

Dear, Orange Juice

Hey OJ! How have you been so far this week? I bet it must be fun! The hotel has been pretty chaotic while you've been gone. There definitely been an increase of fights. But back to the topic on hand. Where have you been? You were suppose to return yesterday, but is the cruise malfunctioning or something? I wish I could add more but I think I'd bore you to death even more than when I ramble while you're here.

Miss you,
Paper!

That letter was later sent the next day to where the Spoiled Lemon concert was the next day.

And Paper waited for a reply. But none came. And soon enough another week passed with no returns, letters, or literally anything else. And Paper at this point was pulling his hair out.

A month soon passed and Paper by this point had sent about twenty to thirty letters to the already ended concert. While the amount of texts, rhyming  with the word, "hey! I've missed you," these nearly twice the amount of letters sent.

But that day; someone unexpected walked into the hotel doors.

Fan!

It was mid-day, and a good amount of people were in the hotel lobby.  Thankfully the more aggressive people went there but, Pickle was playing games on the couch again, soap was helping paper clean up in the kitchen. You could see the Cherries trying to teach YinYang how to make actual pranks.

Fan walked into the hotel, looking absolutely exhausted. With some water on his patchy skin, and his outfit.

The first thing he said and did in the hotel after returning was,

"I think I left my phone on Boaty."

(Word count; 810!)
I hope you enjoyed this!