VI.

•Ellie•

I woke up with a pounding headache and not a single clue of what happened last night after my altercation with Lando.

Blinking away the grogginess, I realized I wasn't in my own room.

Scanning my surroundings, I spot someone I definitely didn't want to talk to right now, without any memory of last night.

In a chair in the corner of the room sat Charles half asleep.

I quickly closed my eyes again and shifted slightly to pretend I was still asleep, but Charles saw right through it.

"I know you are awake," he said sharply.

I look up from the pillow to see Charles looking at me, a mix of anger and disappointment displayed across his face.

I sat up, attempting to gather my thoughts,
"Charles...I-" but Charles cut me off before I could finish.

"Save it," he snapped, he got up from the chair and started to pace back and forth.

It got quiet for a while, as both of us thought of what to say next.

"Do you know how I felt last night?" He asked, but without waiting for an answer he continued. "I was up haft the night waiting to hear from you. Then when you finally arrive at three in the fucking morning, you're so drunk that you can't even stand and Lando has to help you." His anger raising with every word.

As I think of what to answer, I hear Charles chuckle, "I don't understand how I could be so stupid to believe you, to trust you, when you said you really wanted to change."

"Don't even try to blame it on anyone else, Lando has already filled me in on everything." He continued before I had the chance to say something.

"Charles it was a mistake, I messed up," I stammered, barely getting the words out.

It was in this moment I realized, that maybe this time I had truly gone to far, I was about to lose my best friend.

"A mistake?" He repeated as he stopped his pacing to look at me, "This isn't  just a mistake, it's a pattern and I'm tired of watching you repeat it over and over again." He said with a sigh.

"I'm, I-" I stuttered, but I got quiet again. I didn't know what to say to save me from this.

"Please, Ellie just this once, please don't lie to me, do you have anything in your room now?" He asked, he almost looked defeated.

I didn't answer, I couldn't, I knew it would only disappoint him more. But without saying a single word I also gave him the answer.

With a frustrated sigh, Charles made his way towards the hallway and my bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked nervously.

"Where is your room key?" He asked, but he found it right after, giving me no time to protest, as he headed out the door.

I caught up with him just as he got to my door.

As he entered my room, he wasted no time in searching through my belongings.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I screamed at him.