ACT 1

==> Be Karkat.

Today is my first day of classes.

I roll out of bed and check my pesterchum while I brush my teeth. I see a message from John.

EB: hey dont leave your dorm!!!
EB: vriska just dropped a bomb !!

What the actual fuck?

It is 9 in the morning.

So I open the curtains in my dorm's window and I look outside and sure enough there's a fire going in the school building. I see the mastermind, Vriska Serket, throwing another bomb at the main entrance for good measure.

"Fuck Sburb University!" Vriska shouts, waving her fists in the air. "I'm getting out of here!!!!!!!!"

She drops another bomb and I duck my head just as the explosion goes off, hitting my window enough to slightly crack the glass.
Gamzee is sleeping through the chaos.

Because Vriska bombed our school, everyone ends up outside on the field sitting in the grass where we have our school assembly led by teacher Kankri and his assistant Cronus.
I'm not listening to whatever those two idiots are talking about because I'm too focused on figuring out if I share any classes with Strider.
I notice he's sitting right beside John, inches away from me on his IPhone.

Do I text him? I have a question for him, after all, and it's not exactly like I can whisper to him without everyone hearing in this confined circle of trolls and humans.

Kankri is currently going over the school board rules and clarifies that bombing the school is against the rules. No, really? Had no fucking idea, dude.

I message Dave.

CG: HEY SO WHAT CLASSES ARE YOU TAKING
TG: oh hey karkat
TG: what a boring question its not like were even going to classes today
TG: i mean vriska exploded school so were probably not even having class today
CG: FAIR ENOUGH
CG: DO YOU WANNA DITCH THIS BORING ASSEMBLY?
TG: and go where
CG: I DONT KNOW. YOU HAVE THE CAR. WE COULD GO WHEREVER YOU WANT
TG: whats with you all of the sudden
CG: HUH?
TG: why are you all over me karkles
CG: IS THAT...
CG: A YES OR A NO?
TG: kankris annoying. lets go to the mall

It's not a date, I remind myself, it's just two guys ditching the school assembly together.

When I settle into the passenger seat of his car I watch him drive and play with the radio until I get to a station decent enough to listen to.

We take the long way to the Offical Sburb University Mall (yes we have a fucking mall to ourselves) and when we arrive we see Roxy Lalonde who's asking Dave if he has any molly.

I watch a transaction between the two of them.

She thanks him merrily and goes back to her friends.

"Dave..." I say, clentching my fists. "Are you a drug dealer?"

"Why, are you a cop?" he replies with a little smirk. "I have to make a living somehow."

"So then get a fucking job?" I suggest.

"You don't get it, Karkat." his eyes remain on the road but his expression is dulled, perhaps a little aggravated.

"Dave, you don't need to sell molly to make a living. That's not a very good idea," I frown deeply, narrowing my eyes. "What else are you selling?"

"Relax, just pills. Percs, addy. Nothin special."

We grow silent.

I don't know what to say but the silence is deafening so I have to say something.