[S] Dave and Karkat: Skip Class

While in the car with Dave, neither of us speak. We're both on our phones pestering our friends. Dave pesters John and I pester our class president of the year... Fucking Sollux.

CG: HEY JACKASS CAN I BUY SOME ADDERALL OFF OF YOU
TA: iim 2kiipiing at the mall
CG: US TOO, WELL BE THERE IN FEW
TA: you and who?
CG: DAVE
CG: DRUG DEALER TIMELINE
TA: ok ju2t dont be weiird ii know how you 2 act when youre 2gether
CG: WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN

"Hey Dave, could you take me to the mall?" I ask him, slipping my phone back in my pocket.

"Sure, I have a few drop offs to do, could I drop you off for about an hour?"

I frown a little, but try not to show my disappointment. He's skipping school to sell drugs. I can't get used to this. "Sure." Is all I say instead.

At the mall, I spot Sollux in the foodcourt typing away on his keyboard, for some reason he brought his laptop to hang out at the mall.

"Hey, you got the stuff?" I call over to him, walking right up to him.

"Say that again but louder so the whole mall can hear you." he replies, not looking up from his screen as he taps away busily.

"Look Sollux, I get you're class president and all but do you think maybe... I could help plan prom in some way?" I ask suddenly, really just blurting it out of nowhere. I blush in embarrassment.

Sollux laughs at me. "KK, you're so cute, you actually care about prom don't you?" he teases me, looking up for a brief moment to study my face before going right back his computer.

"Fuck no. I just... I'm bored, and I knew you don't really care about prom so I can just take that responsibility off your hands?" I suggest.

"Are you that excited to be going on a date with Strider?" he rests his chin on the palm of his hand, smirking.

"What... We're not going to prom together, who told you that?" I ask. Bewildered.

"You're not? I just figured you would 'cuz at this point everyone knows you're together."

"No we're not."

"Then who are you going with?" he leans in closer to me. "You could go with me if you want."

What? Is he joking? I really can't tell, but when I laugh it off he says it again and asks me out to prom. This is not what I expected at all.  He's not Dave, and I only really want to go to prom with Dave, but Dave is so... Ugh! So aggravating. He's hot and cold with me and I can never read his mind, that's why when he asked me to prom I just felt like he was taking pity on me, especially when he kept specifying his intentions were platonic.

Could Dave ever want me like I want him? My self confidence needs some fixing up, because I immediately think no, he could never want me.

That's why I say yes to Sollux. I don't have a chance with Dave, and it hits me that if I went with Sollux I could definitely make him jealous. And everyone wins because Sollux wants to make his kismesis jealous. I hestatied at first, but even though my eyes are on Dave, this could be a good thing... Really, it could.

"Fine. I'll go to prom with you." I say with less enthusiasm than I had meant to use. My arms are crossed, my body closed off, but Sollux stops looking at his screen and all of a sudden gets up and kisses me. On the lips.

Our kiss lasts about one second. It's a small peck on the cheek, no tongue no action. I pull away before we could have a real kiss.

Still though, it's my first kiss ever. And it wasn't with Strider. I'm not happy at all, I mean what am I doing? This is pathetic on my part.

"Um. Sollux?" I say while he's mentally recovering from how fast I had pushed him away. "I don't want to have sex with you."

"Who the hell said anything about sex?" he acts like I'm crazy for bringing it up.

"Ever. I never want to fuck you. Just because we're going to prom together, we are not having sex and I know you're addicted to it so if that's a dealbreaker you let me know." I set my guidelines as clearly as I can.

"KK, chill. I know you're after Dave but we're just going to prom together it's not like I wanna be your matespirit." he always pharses things so harshly, but a sense of relief washes over me when I hear we're on the same terms.

"Okay, don't kiss me unless people are watching. Actually- Don't kiss me at all. Unless it's on the cheek, or my forehead. I wouldn't mind my cheek one bit..." I ramble nervously.

"KK, you really need to get laid." he replies, reaching into his backpack and pulling out a bag of pills. "Fetch." he says, tossing the bag my way.

I catch it and stuff them in the pockets of my sweatpants. I thank him and leave to wander the mall and hang out until Dave gets back. It takes me very little time to cave in on impulsivity and text him, because I really miss him... Ever since Sollux kissed me briefly, I have been longing for Dave's touch instead. If he kissed me, I wouldn't pull away. I would make sure that kiss lasted for a lifetime. I would kiss him until my lips hurt and I'm out of breath. I could never say this stuff out loud, but over text all I say to him is hey.

CG: HEY
TG: karkat i was just thinking about you this little chihuahua was barking at me and shaking and crying and he reminded me of you haha
CG: YOU ARE.
CG: SUCH A DICK ITS NOT EVEN REMOTELY FUCKING FUNNY
CG: AND ALSO WTF IS A "CHIHUAHUA"?
TG: oh cmon you know what a chihuahua is its a dog youve seen plenty of dogs now
CG: WHAT KINDA DOG
TG: small and angry
TG: shakes a lot
TG: barks really loud
TG: growls at me the same way you growl
CG: OH FUCK YOU
CG: HEY DO YOU WANT SOME ADDY?
TG: im so good on that im thinking im gonna head back to my bros place and take a nap actually
TG: i was up late late last night
CG: DOING WHAT
TG: karkat you are so nosy its not even funny
CG: MY FUCKING BAD FOR TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION
TG: all is forgiven, but i gotta get back to work. have like six or seven drop offs left and then ill come pick you up and we can talk for real this time
CG: ABOUT THAT
CG: WHY DONT WE JUST TYPE IT YOU SAID YOU WANT TO TAKE A NAP I COULD JUST WALK HOME AND TEXT YOU
TG. i appreciate that but it should maybe be in person

==> Be Dave.
You can't be Dave because it is still a mystery on where he's been the last few weeks and it's too early to reveal his reasoning.
==> Be Sollux instead.

I'm on my computer in a deep argument with my kismesis, one we've been having for three hours now, but now that I've asked Karkat Vantas (in love with Dave timeline) out to prom I decide to bring this up with Eridan because duh, I got to make him jealous. Just like KK has to make his precious Dave jealous. Everything goes according to plan. I'm way too excited to bring it up with him.

TA: change of 2ubject 2 liighten the mood between u2
TA: ii wa2 ju2t wonderiing who you plan on takiing to prom
CA: :(
CA: wwouldnt i be goin wwith you?
TA: well iit2 ju2t that youre my kii2me2ii2 and prom ii2 really for mate2piiriits
TA: 2o iim goiing wiith 2omeone el2e
CA: wwho?
TA: kk
CA: ...
TA: ?
CA: wwhich kar do you mean our kar
TA: ye2
CA: but hes obvviously flushed for someone else
TA: 2o?
CA: so are you out of your motherglubbin mind? go wwith me instead
TA: where the fuck wa2 thii2 energy before you never once a2ked me about prom
CA: sol
TA: iim ju2t tryiing 2 make 2en2e of your logiic because u never a2k me out and then when ii try to get wiith 2omeone who wiill take me 2eriiou2ly and have more than ju2t 2ex you get all pouty and emo
CA: sol
TA: ii have never met a more pathetiic hiighblood iin my liife bruh
CA: SOL
TA: what
CA: i wwant to be your matespirit

I stop typing for the first time in awhile and just process this information slowly as Eridan explains himself, reasoning he's felt this for awhile now and now it is clear I have to break things off with Karkat. I'm going to prom with Eridan.

==> You can be Dave now, just be very vague about what he's thinking.
Save it for the next chapter, we've already had two perspectives.