See You Tomorrow

A chubby faced Sophie tightly clutched her mother's palm as they slowly walked up the winding pathway to colourful monstrosity called Kindergarten. 

As they reached the imposing gates, she began to wail.

Loud shrieking cries echoed through the crisp morning air as tears ran coursed down her pale face.

Edaline bent down, gently wiping the tears off Sophie's plump cheeks. She started to sing a soft tune, gentle and soothing. The world seemed to come alive with every note that escaped her full lips. Edaline's eyes were closed, lost in the music that resonated with her soul. 

With every passing note of the song, Sophie's blubbers grew quieter, and by the time the lilting melody had come to an end, so had Sophie's crying.

"You know Sophie," Edaline whispered, " I haven't sung since Jolie passed away so many years ago."

"Jolie?" Sophie murmured, brow furrowed in confusion. "Is she my angel sister? Why haven't I seen her before, Mum?"

"Dad and I will tell you one day, little one. You look just like her you know?"

"Really?" she exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Yep. You look just like a princess." Edaline said.

A light pink blush had spread across Sophie's plump face, adding to her porcelain doll look. 

She turned around and tried to wrap her chubby arms around Edaline's slender waist.

"Bye Mum," Sophie said. 

Taking a deep breath, she walked through the large gates

... 

And immediately ploughed into another small figure.

"I'm so so so so sorry," a high pitched voice squeaked as Sophie toppled to the ground.

She stared at the plain ceiling, struggling to breathe, until a pair of beautiful ice blue eyes entered her line of sight.

His eyes were welled up with tears as he held out a tiny hand to Sophie.

"Are you okay? I didn't mean to hit you. I'm so sorry." he whimpered. The boy spoke in an energetic just-downed-bucketfuls-of-sugar way that made Sophie giggle. 

"It's okay," she laughed,"I fall over a lot. I'm really clumsy. My name's Sophie Foster."

The boy smirked, a mischievous glint sparkling in his eyes. " The name's Keefe. Keefe Sencen. Nice to meet ya Foster."

Sophie smiled at his use of her last name. It was the only thing she had left of her real parents. Grady and Edaline had told her that they had passed away in a fire, and Sophie was too young to remember much about them anyway.

But she could still feel the faint embrace of her mother before going to bed.

The gentle twinkle in her dad's eyes.

Tiny little memories that emerged in random moments, reminding Sophie that she had a life that she couldn't even remember. 

"Wooooaaaaaaahhhhhh" Keefe breathed," Your eyes have tears in them. You look really sad. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Sophie sniffled, "Anyway, where are your parents? My mum left just before I ran into you."

"Oh the butler dropped me off," Keefe said nonchalantly, but Sophie could hear a forced tone. 

She decided to drop the subject before it got too awkward. She had only just met him after all.

"Anywaayyy," Keefe teased, drawing out the end of the word. " Have you met our teacher yet? She's really nice and kind. Oh! And she's pretty like you."

The apples of both Keefe and Sophie's cheeks turned a bright pink as she quickly accepted his unintentional compliment.

Just then, the gorgeous teacher arrived. Her long blonde ringlets framed her soft face as her azure eyes twinkled with laughter. Her rosy cheeks and full lips only added to her fairy princess looks.

"Hi Sophie," the teacher greeted, " My name's Oralie and I'll be keeping an eye on you kids for the next few months. You both seem like very bright children. I can't wait to see what you two will do together."

And like that she briskly walked away to introduce herself to the next group of little kids. 

Sophie and Keefe continued to stare in her direction for a few minutes, overwhelmed by their teacher's beauty until they broke out of the trance. 

Keefe gently grabbed Sophie's hand, dragging her towards the gargantuan sliding doors that lead to the playground.

The duo played all day, inseparable from each other.

Until it was the end of the school. 

Keefe and Sophie dejectedly walked towards the gates, where a crowd of parents stood waiting for their children to come barreling out. Sophie could just see a glimpse of Edaline's orange hair   in the throng. 

"Bye Keefe," Sophie whispered as she began her descent into the mob. 

"Wait," Keefe yelled.

Sophie quickly turned around just in time for his arms to wrap around her body. She tensed for a second before returning the warm hug.

"I had a lot of fun today," he murmured from where his face was buried in her hair. 

He quickly let go of the embrace and turned around, stopping just in time to say,

 "See you tomorrow."

Sophie beamed at her new friend, oblivious to the feelings that would one day begin to tear her apart. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 And that's another chapter done y'all.

The writer's block I experienced from this chapter was insane. 

But I'd love to imagine a chubby faced Sophie and Keefe meeting each other for the first time.

I know realistically they wouldn't be able to speak that well but shhhhhhhhh.

Question of the Day: Who is your favourite music artist?

I don't really have one but if i'd have to choose it would probably be:

 - The Weeknd

 - Taylor Swift. 

Have a good day y'all.

- KateRafeSophieKeefe