Chapter IV

It has been three weeks since Darcy moved in with Namjoon, Namjoon's parents have been busy preparing a special banquet for the engagement of Darcy and Namjoon. The maids were all helping out in dressing Darcy for the event that even her parents and sisters are also invited to come. The guests started to arrive taking in the awe of the lavish castle that the duke and duchess own. Darcy's parents were standing next to Namjoon's parents when the announcers presented Darcy and Namjoon's entry.

"Young Master Namjoon and his bride-to-be Young Miss Darcy". the announcer announced.

Namjoon and Darcy entered to the ballroom where all eyes were on the young couple, the young ladies used their elegant hand fans to gossip about Darcy on how could she win the heart of the heartthrob of the entire country the most sought out bachelor in the world; he had plenty of women at his feet, but instead he chose the most cursed girl in the world born into royal blood, the jealousy was evident in their eyes when Darcy was walking pass them holding onto Namjoon's arm, all of the men all had their eyes on Darcy with her mesmerizing exquisite beauty as they followed her every move with their eyes.

"Now we have the six remaining bachelors. Young master Jin, Young master Yoongi, Young master Hoseok, Young master Jimin, Young master Taehyung and Young master Jungkook". the announcer announced once again.

Namjoon's brothers all entered in pairs making all of the girls squeal and some even fainted at their beauty, the rest of the men in the audience all scoffed at the girls' indecent behaviour as some even had their handkerchieves being thrown at them as the brothers ignored them. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming here tonight to celebrate the engagement of our son Namjoon and  Lady Darcy who will be a part of our family". the Duke greeted.

The celebration was a successful event that even Darcy's estranged family enjoyed themselves at the ball dancing with their hearts content with other families. After the party was over Darcy's parents looked at their middle daughter who is beaming in front of her and is  who is about to get married and gave her a tight hug.

"I am so sorry my child". her father spoke up as he looked into his daughter's eyes.

"Mother, Father? What is the matter?" Darcy asked them with so much concern in her eyes.

"We mistreated you for so many years and our priest came over to visit us, and he asked us about your whereabout". her mother explained.

"He said he was against your upcoming marriage to the bachelor in the country master Namjoon due to him being a potential future king of England". her father continued explaining.

"Oh... so should I break off this engagement?" Darcy softly asked.

Her parents both looked at each other and then at their daughter.

"No, you have to marry him it is the only way to break your curse". her mother confessed.

"I see is it because Namjoon is not cursed?" Darcy asked.

"Well not exactly we went to see a good witch who told us about your prophecy, she said that you will meet an important man who will love and cherish you and will break your curse with true love's kiss". her mother continued to explain.

"The also warned us a couple of obstacles will appear trying to stop your curse from being released, the first obstacle are your sisters who are jealous of you being engaged to the potential king of England, the second obstacle is the priest who will try to his best to stop the prophecy from happening". her father worriedly while having so much faith in his daughter.

Darcy and her parents bid their final farewell as a family member before becoming a family member of Namjoon. Her six sisters all came out to greet their neglected middle sister with force smiles on their faces.

"Sister! We really enjoyed the ball there were so many cute boys who danced with us". said Luna Iris.

"We know we have differences, but I am happy that you get to marry the future king of England". said Aurora Rose.

"But I did overheard mother and father speaking to a priest and the priest said that you shouldn't marry anyone because of your curse". Ava Amelia confessed.

"How peculiar I too overheard their conversation, and let me tell you sister beware of that priest because something about that man seems off". Grace Elizabeth warned Darcy.

"I know we never had a great relationship as sisters but in the end you are still our sister, and we need to look out for one another". said Lily Scarlett.

"We will write to you sister of any updates and whatever you do, don't let that priest come near you no matter what and I have written his name on this piece of paper so you can remember his name". said Daisy Hannah as she handed Darcy the piece of paper in her hand tightly.

"We wish you all the best and happiness sister and I really pray that your curse can be lifted". said Aurora Rose.

Darcy's sisters all hugged her in a warm embrace making their parents look puzzled at their kind gestures to Darcy. After the engagement party was over Darcy headed towards her room and opened up the paper that Daisy Hannah given her in secret without their parents knowledge.

The paper says Father Faustus Blackwood of St Albans Cathedral.

"Father Blackwood... why does that name sounds so familiar?" Darcy asked herself.

Darcy puts the paper inside her music box which is shaped in her favourite fairy tale Swan Lake to keep it safe, she calls the servants to help her undress to get into her night gown so she can sleep on time because the next day it was an important day for her and for Namjoon will go on their first date as a public couple. The servants were all dismissed, and she went inside her bed with her holy bible so she can read a chapter of the scriptures before bed.