Dawn of Darkness

"Do I really need to do this?"

"If you really want to have those beautiful art pieces. You better hurry up."

Christina said as she looked in the rearview mirror giving a smirk to her boss.

"How about I sign a blank check and you give it to them for me?"

Christina sighed as she twisted her body to look at the backseat where her boss was sporting a tuxedo which was quite uncanny for her.

"Are you forgetting that I am driving you here even when I am on a leave, Miss. Shaira."

Shaira rolled her eyes as she opened the door of Taycan.

She kicked back the door as she knocked on the driver seat window. Christina dropped the shield. Her eyes are confused.

"Enjoy your date, Miss Christina."

Shaira winked as she bent to meet her eyes making Christina eyes wide.

"I am not going on a date!"

Christina yelled as she saw her boss retreating without even looking at her.

"I know everything, Chris."

Shaira said as she smirked at her.

.....

Shaira was used to having odd looks. She often stared them down but today she was not at all interested. She was more invested in the event. She had always liked Sabrina. She came into her life when it was all very difficult. Although they had such a short period of time together. She knew that Sabrina was the friend which she would never want to lose.

When she first saw her work three years ago. She fell in love with it. She was not a person who was ever interested in art but sehe understood the painting.

The painting made her feel so many emotions in a single moment. The emotions that she thought she lost.

Sabrina Collins was a painter. A painter who had won the heart of a girl who had forgotten to love. From that point onwards, Shaira bought every star piece she curated. She always sends someone to make sure they buy it doesn't matter what the price is. It was the very first time she was experiencing it live and she must say. She could feel bubbling excitement in her.

She sat down on her seat which was in the middle of the grand hall.Her no for auction was seven. A lucky no for her.

The lady sitting right beside her was giving her weird looks. She didn't blame her. She was not in a posh dress. She was in a tuxedo. Her hair was half up as she folded her legs and stared down the lady. Shaira was so damn sure she pulled off a tux better than any man present there.

"Are you new here?"

"No."

Shaira said as she looked ahead not even sparing her a single glance. It was almost hilarious for her to see that the city she was born and raised forgot her. It was true she had abandoned this city a long time ago but it felt like Milan forgot her too.

Her mind diverted as the auctioneer came to the stage.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, we thank you all for loving us with your presence. This is the auction for the art pieces by Miss Sabrina Collins. I would also like to thank Miss Sabrina who is present here today."

The lime light went to Sabrina who stood there in a silk bodycon dress. Her eyes shined bright as she waved to everyone.

Shaira smiled looking at her. Her eyes wandered to her face which was similar to that of her twin brother. Her hands fisted. There would be no way he would be present here.