Chapter 57

For the past few weeks Cayden had been keeping her up all night to the point where she had no energy to get out of bed the next morning. If it was an attempt to keep her confined at home, she had to admit he was doing a great job. However Diana had made her own developments as well. So far, despite Cayden's unchanging obsession with her, she'd made considerable progress in her own plan. He had started to trust her more, and their relationship had improved by a lot. She made sure to always choose his clothes for the next day, and always made dinner for him when he arrived from work. She'd played the perfect housewife and Cayden got relief from her actions as he felt no resistance from her anymore.

However he didn't fully trust her yet. 

*Ring Ring*

The doorbell was loud as Diana rushed from the kitchen. She opened the door to see one of the many people she'd seen around Cayden. "Hello Ma'am" He bowed lightly as Diana nodded her head and smiled lightly. What's this about? He looked around, and then looked at her seriously, "Let's go Miss." Diana slightly raised her eyebrows as he stared at her ardently. "Sorry what? Has Cayden asked for me?" The man shook his head urgently, "No Miss! Ms. Lana has sent me to help you escape this place! Mr. Cayden will be late and won't notice today. I already have the tickets ready, the car is waiting, let's go!" Diana stared at him. 

While his voice was urgent, for a stressful and high-risk situation, his body wasn't showing any signs of nervousness at all. His hands were still, and his body language seemed to have no sense of stress either. Ne wasn't sweating, and he wasn't even fidgeting. He was either an incredibly skilled man that Lana had hired, or this was all a trap. But Diana wasn't going to rely on anyone anymore unless she seemed them out first. She politely smiled. "I'm not going anywhere." The man looked at her, surprised, "What?" She closed the door as she said, "I have no reason to leave Cayden. Please tell Lana the same." 

As she watched the man leave the premises from the cameras, she relayed their conversation. Something was off. The man seemed more relived than surprised that she'd rejected Lana's help. 

...But why?

Either way it didn't matter. Whether he really was sent to help or not, didn't make a difference, because she wouldn't have gone even if she knew it was true. She had her own plan, and she wasn't going to take the risk of trusting anyone else, since it would only affect her at the end of it. She headed back to the kitchen to finish the special dinner she'd been cooking since afternoon. Despite everything, Cayden still hadn't given her phone back yet, and wasn't letting her go out. So she decided to take some initiative and make him do at least one of those. 

Unlike what the man told her, Cayden came home earlier than usual, which only reinstated Diana's intuition of something being off. She quickly served the food as he quietly walked up the stairs after ardently staring at her for a few minutes. As she put down the steaming pit of soup, she stared at his back. She'd dismissed all the 24/7 servants just in case any spies were planted. Cameras had blindspots, but people were hard to avoid. She took off her apron as she stared at the wide table filled with the different dishes she'd cooked. 

Is something wrong? He didn't say anything when he came back today. Did he find out about today morning?