Primary Purpose

A few weeks later...

"Good morning, Ava. Here is your coffee." Brandon woke her up a six am like scheduled. She groaned, patting around for the cup of magical brew to make her wake up. Brandon placed it in her hand.

"Thank you, Brandon." She chugged the coffee, made just how she liked it. She sat up, looking at the still dark sky. "I could sleep another hour." She pondered to herself out loud.

"You programed me to place you straight in the shower if you tried to sleep in, remember?" Brandon cocked up his eyebrow. She sighed, handing him back the now empty cup. "Breakfast will be ready after your shower, Ava." Brandon took the cup and left her room.

Ava made herself get out of bed and head in the shower. There, the hydro spray of vitamin enriched water cleaned and nourished her milky skin. The bad thing about being a ginger, her skin was sensitive to the air quality and the sun. Her water supply to the shower had an extra filter to help protect her body.

Dressing for the cold Winter Day in her jeans and thick flannel shirt, she joined the bot in the kitchen where he was plating her food. Fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and blueberry pancakes with a second cup of coffee was set in front of her.

"Thank goodness you can cook better that the original." Ava smiled, remembering watching the video when Brandon the Lover trying to cook breakfast.

"Yes, I glad he had enough sense not to eat his own cooking." Brandon stated, cleaning the pan. "I am going to the market today. Do you have anything to add to the list?" Brandon took the shopping list of the fridge and place it in front of Ava. She added a few personal items that she was getting low on.

"Since you will be in the area, we can stop at Mai for lunch. Talk about the engagement party for Bast and Neva." Ava offered, eating the eggs.

"Yes, that would be great." Brandon smiled, turning from the sink. Ava noted how he was dressed. Black slacks with a white V-neck t-shirt. After his arrival to the house, Ava found all the clothes that had been left by her ex-fiancé, Owen to see if any Brandon could fit any. The shirts were fine, but the pants were short. Yet, seeing the clothes, she tossed them in the donation bin and took Brandon shopping on her next day off to get him new things.

"It is going to be really cold today. Please make sure you wear a few more layers to protect your skin." Ava asked finishing her breakfast. Before she could think about taking the plate to the sink to wash in, Brandon was already taking it from her to clean. "I could do that, you know."

"Reprogram me then." Brandon winked at her. Ava smiled as she got ready for the day. Getting her boots and her heavy jacket on, she made her way to the front door where Brandon stood with her bag. A reminder to meet him about noon at Mai's and Brandon's gentle kiss on the forehead. A throwback function that she could not uninstalled. Besides, it was nice to get forehead kisses daily.

The air was colder, but she still enjoyed the freshness. Winter was her second favorite season, her first was Autumn. Getting into her car, the automatic heat filled the cab with warm air to fend off the cold. The drive to her work was not a bad one such most people no longer had to brave the cold for employment.

Opening the building, she got the day started to the orders that need to be finish. Soon, it was lunch, and she was walking into Mai's noodle shop. Brandon was sitting at her table, talking to Mai. On one of Brandon's first outing, she bought him to Mai's. The noodle shop owner was shocked to see Ava with an AI bot but warmed up to him when he spoke to Mai in her native language. Now, they had inside jokes, mostly about Ava.

"There she is. You feel like a popsicle." Mai exclaimed, holding Ava's hands.

"Where are your gloves?" Brandon asked, an edge of disappointment in his voice.