Chapter Forty Four: Dream Interrupted

In the quiet of the night, Larry drifted off into a peaceful slumber, his mind filled with thoughts of May. As he slept, he found himself transported into a dream world where May stood before him, radiant and beautiful in a wedding gown, her eyes sparkling with love and happiness.

In the dream, Larry watched as May walked towards him down the aisle, her smile lighting up the room as she reached out to take his hand. As they exchanged vows and promised to love and cherish each other for all eternity, Larry felt a sense of joy and contentment wash over him like never before.

But just as the dream began to reach its climax, the ringing of Larry's phone pierced through the silence, jolting him awake from his reverie. With a groan of frustration, he reached over to pick up the phone, expecting to see an urgent message from Bob or Viki.

To his surprise, it was May's voice on the other end of the line, her sweet laughter echoing through the receiver. "Hey, Larry," she said cheerfully, her voice warm and inviting. "I hope I didn't wake you up. I just wanted to say goodnight and tell you that I can't wait to see you tomorrow."

Larry felt his cheeks flush hot with embarrassment at the sound of May's voice, his heart pounding in his chest. "N-no, you didn't wake me up," he stammered, his voice betraying his nervousness. "I-I mean, I'm glad you called. I can't wait to see you too."

May's laughter tinkled like bells in Larry's ears, filling him with a sense of warmth and happiness that he had never known before. As they chatted for a few more minutes, Larry couldn't help but feel grateful for the unexpected interruption that had brought May's voice into his life once again.

And as he hung up the phone and drifted back to sleep, a smile tugged at the corners of his lips, his heart filled with anticipation for the day ahead. With May by his side, he knew that anything was possible, both in his dreams and in reality.