video games - maki

10:47 PM, Wednesday

"Why did you hit him so hard??" You throw your head back in laughter at the new game maki had just purchased. One of the enemies had punched you in the back which halfed your health bar, but a certain little angry guy sacrificed his special just to one shot kill the enemy. "Because he attacked you!"

"Well, duh!" You exclaim. "He's supposed to do that, he was programmed to do that!" You slap the boys shoulder when he begins to imitate you, waving his pointer finger and squinting his eyes like a nerd. "Sorry~" he gives you his signature smile, his dimples popping out as you hold the urge to poke them. He unpauses the game, snapping you out of your trance.

"Maki!! Again? Those specials are rare!" You yell when he kills another enemy with one move since the character had punched you. "Why do you keep doing this??" You laugh.

"Because no ones supposed to hurt my teammate!"

"They're supposed to-"

"And because I love you!!" The room goes silent after maki randomly bursts out his affection towards you. His head drops as he plays with the drawstring of his sweatpants, his ears bright red. "..more than a friend.." he mumbles, a light pout on his lips.

"I.. like you too.." you say in a mere whisper, but maki's head shoots up. "Love.. you." You correct yourself, watching as a smile grows on the latters lips. "Oh?" He bites his lips to contain his grin, fidgeting with his sweatpants as he tries to calm himself down.

"Yeah.." you give a shy smile, though he refused to make eye contact with you. "Hey maki?"

"Yeah?" He finally looks at you, little hearts in his eyes.

"Thank you for saving me, I'll have to pay you back." You give a sweet smile, watching as maki begins to shake his head profoundly. "No, its fine, really, its just a game and-" his eyes go wide when you lean in, grasping his jaw as you press a soft kiss on his cheek. His mouth opens to say something, but nothing comes.

"That was my payback."

A/n: originally written for my moot 

351 words