third avenue - jo

The street sign reads third avenue as jo awkwardly looks down at his shoes, the grip of his book bag stronger than before once you stand beside him with a phone in your hands, mindlessly scrolling as you wait for the bus to come. It's like the birds chirp happily, the wind blowing through your hair once you enter the scene, the light of your aura beaming down on the boy so hard that he's fallen, unable to tell right from left.

There's no use telling you his name, or what he likes to do in his free time whenever he thinks about you, knowing that there would be another guy that's more assertive than him, someone who's less shy. Yet he hates longing for you from afar, when you don't even know that he exists – when he doesn't actually know you. Maybe in another life, he could get to know you, he could know your favorite treats and surprise you with them daily. He could hold your hand, and look into your eyes, letting the smile slip from his lips without having to hide.

But in this life, he'd rather coward in a corner than to embarrass himself, letting his heart be consumed by the feeling of you, beating himself up later for falling a little too deep. So now he daydreams for your presence, longs for the few seconds of interaction, heart skipping for the moment you do make eye contact.. but beating a little faster when you maintain your gaze, taking a step forward toward him, as if trying to tell him that it's okay, that he could talk to you. Was this his shot at telling you how he felt? He'd never know, glancing back at the street sign that read third avenue.

A/n: inspired by rocco's song, third avenue! and very self indulged.. whoops

307 words