Reunion

The chapter begins with several soldiers opening fire on Oscar and Ruby in the big room. They duo takes cover and returns fire. They move around the room taking cover behind old furniture laying around and taking out any soldiers they see. After clearing the first floor, they run up the stairs and walkways and fight their way through the second floor. They clear out the walkway and go into the rooms on the second floor to clear them out. Soon, they clear out the whole tower of enemies.

"Okay, let's get up there and check it out." Oscar said as they get to the third floor and open the door to the room where they find Oobleck lying injured against the wall.

"Oh no..." Ruby said, worried.

"Oobleck..." Glynda muttered, shocked.

"What have they done to him?" Ironwood questioned, angrily.

Oscar and Ruby run over and kneel down beside Oobleck. He opens his eyes and looks at them weakly.

"It's okay. We're here." Oscar assured.

Oobleck looks at the young treasure hunter. "You were right..."

"About what?" Oscar ask, confused.

"Everything you touch does turn to shit..." Oobleck replied as he coughs up a bit.

"Alright, but that doesn't matter now. C'mon, we're gonna get you out of here." Oscar said.

"Yeah, Adam kept you company long enough." Yang retorts.

"No... it's too late for me..." Oobleck protested.

"Well we can't just leave you there, bloody and injured." Jaune said, concerned.

"I'm afraid you have any other choice, Mr Arc." Oobleck said. "I'll slow you down."

"What do we do?" Ruby asked Oscar.

"Did you find my expedition?" Oobleck questioned.

Oscar nodded. "Yes, I found them."

"You understand what I had to do?"

"Yes."

"We all do." Ozpin uttered. "You couldn't bear seeing one of your men being turned into those creatures."

"If they had found the Stone... it would have changed the course of history..." Oobleck explained before he coughed again.

"Easy..." Ruby said, patting his shoulders.

"He took the dagger..."

Oscar frowned. "I know."

"He's gone to the highest tower... you have to stop him..." Oobleck pleaded.

"Try not to move." Ruby said, carefully.

"Listen carefully..." Oobleck began with a serious expression, "this monastery hides the secret path to Shambhala... You must get the dagger back... find the secret path ...and destroy the Stone before he gets his hands on it..." He then takes Oscar's hand. Drake... you have to believe..."

Bartholomew Oobleck closes his eyes and breathes his last.

Ruby gasped, softly. "No..."

"Oobleck..." Weiss said, sadly.

"He- he just can't..." Jaune said, saddened.

Oscar frowned. "Oobleck..."

Ruby looked at Oscar with a gloomy expression. "Oh, Oscar..."